Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

mmmm ten count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

Make the next chat poll which bleach babe is the hottest.

ichigo's dad

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just noticed I managed to squeeze back into the top 30 in the last thread

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

This sure is some poop

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
chat threads that live longer than a month get kind of crusty and smelly, better to put them down before they get that far along

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

Burrito did you know Occult Teen isn't cancelled, its just on a short hiatus in between its arcs.

Theres gonna be more Occult Teen!!

!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was sad when I saw 27 was out and realized there were just 3 more so that's great

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
smex

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think if everybody drops the bungou stray dogs anime I'll just fill up the thread with manga stuff because it continues to be ridiculously dumb and so much fun and I hate that none of what I'm reading is probably ever going to get animated

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

i'm still watching it, I just usually don't have much to say afterwards

true, there's not much to debate about. I like knowing if anyone is watching but am totally comfortable just making GBS threads up the thread with random stuff so nbd :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

You are as cool as I am

ouch, no need to get mean

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
uh...that seems unhealthy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not going to ever learn Japanese because just thinking about how I'd sound speaking it with a southern accent makes me die a little

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

The hate will grow over the series.

that would require plot progress and character development

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kylra posted:

If it helps any, I am from Texas and I just start pronouncing stuff differently when I start trying to do stuff in Spanish or Japanese. It's like a mode switch. Kind of like if I'm singing. And I'm not super deep into either of those yet as well. It takes a little practice to get it started though, and I'll admit I don't have the thickest accent in my default english.

Don't let that be the thing that holds you back though!

it's actually that I'm way too lazy to put the work in to do it but :ssh:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
got home to find the new volume of what did you eat yesterday waiting for me :toot:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's so good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I'm actually gonna try one of the recipes from one of the new volumes. I'm just gonna need to find one that's not too complicated or requires a long-rear end trip out to one of the asian grocery stores

good luck! I haven't tried any of the recipes specifically but one of the recent volumes has some really good tips about how to freeze stuff that I'm probably going to put into practice lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I could share stuff out of the later volumes in the food manga thread but I'd have to like, take a photo of my book because they aren't being scanned anymore.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nice. I need to get more of it, but my manga budget has shrunk to $0 due to car troubles :(

bummer :(
lately my only real fun money spending has been on new manga but I try to spread it out so I'm not blowing hundreds of dollars on new shoujo and out of print yaoi all at once (let's not talk about the sakira kickstarter though)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

#ManSmutMonday

whole lot of tumblr in that hashtag but some good stuff too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

That's impressive self control, limiting it to one day a week

and unnecessary, what do you do the rest of the week

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't seen the animated Jungle Book movie in years either but pretty much every time the name is mentioned I get The Bear Necessities stuck in my head for hours

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to get something to drink but some nefarious person stole my hateful cat and replaced her with an identical, yet cuddly and affectionate, version and I don't want to get up and displace her yet

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dimension W passed up what had been translated of the manga around episode 5 but it has 10 volumes & is ongoing. Mostly I think nobody really had any idea what the story was past the Lake Yasogami stuff, I know for me it ended up being kinda different than I expected once it got into uncharted territory and I felt like some of the characters came out of nowhere and wondered how much had been cut to fit everything in.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

this seems like a dangerous path

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
idolmatters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

Quadro post. Try and stop me.

I'll do it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need shows to have guys so I have characters to ship :colbert:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
glad I got sick of those books after that huge wait for the fourth one that turned out to suck and never had to experience the disappointment of the show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
don't eat sidewalk pastry

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

ah yes, habenero of the spicy fortress

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tanaka-kun and Bungou Stray Dogs are the only shows I'm staying 100% caught up on, I'm still "watching" like 7 other shows meaning I'm letting episodes pile up and will eventually watch them though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched a little bit of Tonkatsu DJ and it wasn't my thing so I didn't continue but I wouldn't say it was a bad show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the new chapter of tanaka-kun is good, it's a pool chapter

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really like old anime, like I am pretty determined to never return to 90s anime ever if I can help it although it's easier to revisit stuff from the 80s since the animation is so nice most of the time. I feel like it's a cop-out answer but I'd probably just have to say Nausicaa. I've seen a few things older but probably wouldn't give them 10/10.

There are plenty of things I've seen that are old but I don't revisit because I don't think I'd enjoy them very much if I watched them today even though I liked them back when I watched them years ago, so it's hard for me to say "yeah this thing I have a ton of nostalgia for but would probably not enjoy now is 10/10"

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

i only play easy games, under my definition of "easy game" as one I can beat.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Holy poo poo, if Hinata and Kageyama learn to trust each other on the court, they'll be an unstoppable Volleyball machine!

I hope you are enjoying the volleyboys

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I am a little disconcerted by how little of that first match they showed in the opening episode. They're eventuall gonna get to showing games in their entirety, right?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
also even though a game will get multiple episodes the pacing has never felt unnecessarily stretched out to me vs something like Kuroko's Basketball where you eventually wish they'd just get the gently caress on with it.

• Locked thread