Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Picked up A Little Lily Princess (the new Hanako Games -the Long Live The Queen folks- VN)on Steam. About an hour in, it's all right. Sort of like a cuter and significantly less-lethal Long Live The Queen. Still mostly setup so far, though.

I will probably not be continuing tonight, because OVERWATCH, MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

the real life yuri faction is going too far and will have to be stopped

I don't know what the real life yuri faction is, but I for one will assist all pursuers of yuri until the end of time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

anyway this was a good game, i recommend playing it if you can give it time to get past the terrible first hour of bad combat because the rest is really fun and good

What game is this?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Got my first ending in A Little Lily Princess. Was cute and good. Steam needs more sappy Yuri VNs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goon hivemind, make my anime decisions for me. I've stalled out on the last few episodes of K-ON and I've been meaning to move on to Euphonium on my little tour of KyoAni's works. Is it worth pushing through the fatigue and finishing K-On, or shall I just move on?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Think I'll at least start Euphonium tonight and finish K-On another time. My OCD disagrees with it, and I liked K-On, but I've gotten antsy for a new show and Euphonium sounds like it's pretty nice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cute. Who dey?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just started Euphonium. 2 minutes in and oh man this is the band-nerdiest anime already and I was a massive band nerd at these characters' age this is going to push SO MANY BUTTONS isn't it?

Also, one of these days I'm going to stop being impressed with how pretty Kyoani shows are. Those opening shots under the cherry blossoms are just ridiculous.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 29, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, if this ED is going to go so far as to give Kumiko and Reina the whole 'red string of fate' treatment they'd better loving kiss at some point\

I get that you were maintaining plausible deniability in K-On, Kyoani, but that poo poo stops flying when you go this far

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kumiko considers playing Saxophone, winds up on Euphonium. Clearly, she is the most condemned of souls, to meet such a bitter fate.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

2 episodes into Euph. Mostly just setup so far, but it's nice setup. Goddamn gorgeous, up there with Hyouka.I like the OP and ED a lot.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Euphonium is really good, and I'm not sure that whoever wrote Reina didn't just follow me around for a while during high school and make a few minor edits, because goddamn I see so much of what I like/dislike about myself from that point in my life in her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

littleorv posted:

Are you a cute anime girl?

That would be one of the minor edits, sadly.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

8 episodes into my fourth KyoAni show, and I still can't stop admiring how ridiculously loving pretty Euphonium is. That's a good drat animation team right there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

i believe in race. specifically, lets kill whitey

Speaking as whitey: Same

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

My FF14 character currently looks like a loving clown

So like half of all MMO characters, then?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Second worst pairing in that game. Sad!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...eh. Actually, third worst. Order goes;

Main Couple
Sporty Couple
Peppy and Grumpy
Rock and Roll
Senpai/Kohai
Ghost Couple
Poor Teacher/student boundaries.

They're all good though. Except teacher/student. That's not healthy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

I wish it wasn't a student/teacher thing, but Sonou and Kiri are both cool so it's fine.

Ehh, that dynamic just brought the whole thing down for me. Didn't help that they were so predictable in how they tried to make it okay, what with the whole "nonono you don't understand the teacher is super short and literally just got out of college and the student is super tall and a senior there totally aren't still any uncomfortable power dynamics going on here," and it just felt kind of weak.

Main Couple made it all okay though. Criminal how little art there is of them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So I'm probably going to finish the K-On anime tonight, because that sounds like a good way to stall moving on from Euphonium episode 8 and inevitably being disappointed that it never gets that Yuri again.

Also because K-On is good and I ought to finish it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Done with K-On. Well, the show, anyway. Still got the extra episodes and the movie to finish off, but that's another night.

I struggle to think of another show that's simultaneously as unambitious and as excellent as this one is. Pure fluff, but, what fluff it is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

you're really gonna like the movie

Idle curiosity - is the movie more cute and funny like early/mid K-on or more sweet and nostalgic like late K-on?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

both, its a fun vacation movie + the emotional endcap of the series

Rad. Looking forward to it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So I'm halfway through the 2nd bonus episode of K-On. Why is everyone mad at Ritsu for putting her hand on Yui's shoulder during the class picture?

Aside from the obvious fact that this was cheating on Mio, of course.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I got bored watching E3 so I'm going to watch the K-ON movie instead.

Get Hype.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And we immediately open on the buttest buttrock the series has yet seen.

Promising.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Ugh, i'm excited for battlefield 1

...it's probably terminal.

The goofier they make it, the better off it'll be.

Although, I don't see what World War 1 is giving them yet that they couldn't get more easily by going back to the future goddammit EA why do you keep pretending that Battlefield 2142 never happened?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yuri For World Peace

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

well i know yui and she seems like the best girl, so do I really need to know the others?

Third best.

Mio and Azusa are both Better.

Yui is great though.

Also, so is the animation in this movie. KyoAni should make more movies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I don't, but she's good.

What did Kojima do?

His next project involves Norman Reedus' bare rear end

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Occult club wants to send a message to space aliens from the roof of the school....Is that a haruhi reference?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

her fault is, that she's related to yui

That's mean

Also, the lighting has been really good so far in this movie. I think that might be the most consistent strong point I've seen since I've started watching KyoAni stuff. It was one of my favorite things about Disappearance of Haruhi, too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HOLY poo poo A KYOANI SHOW JUST SHOWED A PROTAGONIST'S PARENTS ON SCREEN I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS ALLOWED

Phew, it was only for like 30 seconds

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I reiterate, Yuri For World Peace.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I have zero memory of that person

Who is that person

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

outing yourself as a real kyoani noob here

Precisely why I'm watching KyoAni shows, my good goon

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my god the K-On girls speaking engrish is kind of the best

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

(In Engrish) "Yes! She [Mio] is no panties!"

:3:

While we're on the subject of KyoAni parents - I forget, does Yuki ever give a cover story for why she apparently has no family in Haruhi? Especially once you take Disappearance into account and she technically SHOULD have family.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my god this charming british gentleman driving the taxi :3: :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

OH MY loving GOD THIS OBVIOUSLY JAPANESE VOICE ACTRESS DOING A BAD BRITISH ACCENT OH MY GOD :3:

• Locked thread