Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dang I forgot to catch the latest Tonkatsu DJ

Only keeping up with a single show and I hosed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The first ep of Mahoujin Guru Guru held up for me. I remember liking it back in the day but don't remember a whole lot so I'm excited to revisit it.

Gonna have to post pics later and maybe make webms too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Memes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chart this

t0t

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I imagine the ending of Tomo will just be like any ol page

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

http://instasync.com/r/Srice

it's OP time, in 5 minutes!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

The Simpsons are long dead. There is no relevant modern news for them

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tfw you realize that The Simpsons have been bad for longer than it has been good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ah, the dismembered monster girl fetish

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

I watched the first episode of Hundred to see what the guy being weird about it in the season thread was on about, and unsurprisingly it is literally just Infinite Stratos, except clearly mathematically inferior. Fairly decent drill hair game, though.

Yeah idgi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wrt Ghostbusters chat, for every Dredd or Fury Road we get dozens of Total Recalls or Robocops

I hope it's in the former category and if so people will keep talking about it, but I suspect it will be in the latter category and nobody will ever talk about it again a few months after release

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't like how the general discourse for big blockbusters has shifted from the movie having to make its case for you to see it, to you having to make the case to not see the movie

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Consume the products... or else!

Hmmmm...this movie looks like it sucks. But if I don't see it I can't be part of The Conversation!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm tired of the rhetoric that a thing that makes lovely people mad is automatically good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Knorth posted:

Even if the movie isn't good, there's good in making the lovely people mad. Because they're lovely

Where I draw the line is supporting it just for that reason. Obviously if someone thinks they'll like it then it's a nice bonus but if they wanna spend their money to support a cause while watching a movie they won't like there are better ways to accomplish that.

The people who are angry about women in Ghostbusters are gonna find a way to spin it into a rallying cry whether it's a hit or a flop, unfortunately.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

For about 3-4 years now I've been free from going to see movies I won't like just because my friends want to

And heck, it's a good feel

If they plan on doing something afterwards I can just make plans to meet them later

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

And this year I've really weaned myself from watching current anime just because other folks are watching it, and only sticking to things I want to watch

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm now a pop culture hermit AMA

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

have you seen bible black?

I have not!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

What year in the 2000s have you seen the most shows from, this is important.

drat, I'd have to think long and hard about that.

If I had to guess probably 06 or 07ish but I could easily be way off the mark

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm not gonna buy overwat till the comp mode is out and also it has to not be a poo poo format

Comp mode was in closed beta tho I didn't try it out since I didn't know anyone else who got in

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Yeah but I read about it and it sounds like it was poo poo

Both teams do an offense round on a payload map, and if both win, then it goes to a tiebreaker best of 1 on a Koth map, regardless of which team did better in the payload rounds

Yikes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hope the 80s simul can pick up momentum!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I hope the Ghostbusters(2016) doesn't do good. Because if it does well there's gonna be a whole wave of uninspired remakes but they'll genderswap them so people will call you sexist if you complain

So, close to the wave of uninspired remakes we have now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I think it will. So many people have already seen FotNS that it might not be as exciting as some of the other shows. I even skipped the first episode because I know it by heart.

I think my main reservation is that simuls for stuff everyone has already seen usually goes over v well

I'm hoping that at the very least a lot of folks tune in for Lum week

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

While the trailers are bad, it's hard to cut a good comedy trailer. Only gonna see it if it gets good word of mouth tho, which is what my usual plan is for those sorts of movies

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

yeah but if somebody makes a youtube video about how they aren't going to watch Robocop (2014), it doesn't turn into a social media firestorm

If it teaches more people to stop caring about that aspect of social media then it's a price worth paying

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

idol hands do God's work

They're also the devil's playthings

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i googled idolmaster nachos and found pictures of love lives if they were different dorito flavors

Which one is mountain dew doritos

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I say, as if I could actually identify an idolmaster

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Admoon posted:

i'm gonna eat mcdonalds now

Rip

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

people of chat thread, and by that i mean srice, what is god sider

I'm afraid I have no idea

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I started reading The Game of Thrones. Holy poo poo, how can anyone on earth call anime creepy when The Game of Thrones is mega popular. I'm 40 pages in and half of those pages have been about who's gonna plow this thirteen year old girl

Post that exact thing in the tviv thread, imo, and you will see the truth

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

You'll only be at risk because there's rules in tviv against acknowledging that the book exists, so stay safe

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

gently caress the rules

It's an insanely dumb rule anyway

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i've decided it's time to beat earthbound

Good!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

I stopped watching GoT at the same point that I should have stopped reading them: Jeoffrey's death.

It's after that point where everything is set up for a time skip, but he decided against it and all the plot threads got away from him.

Whatevs, they were alright.

But seriously gently caress all 12 threads about the series on our dead gay forums.

I can't even laugh at the spoilerphobia in those threads anymore

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Girl in my study group WhatsApp group left the group because someone wrote "Jon Snow lives!!!!!" a few days after thtat episode aired.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

smh if you didnt already know about that channel

• Locked thread