Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Pretty messed up that Polsy has nothing better to do with his time than make chat thread charts. Someone get that man an idol game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

Please, I'm at work, I can only work on serious, important things

I'll have your badge for this!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I played UC 3 on crushing when I went through the PS4 collection recently since I'd already beaten it once on normal. Wasn't that bad apart from a couple of encounters, the loving ship ballroom and the bit in the sandstorm just after you meet back up with Sully, ugh.

The ballroom is really hard when you're not focused on getting the grenade launcher one of the guys who drops down has. It seems like suicide, but when the second half of the encounter starts, you start by rushing the upper level (if you restart from the checkpoint, you're always at the bottom of the ballroom), taking out the guy in the center of the upper balcony, he drops a grenade launcher, you take it, then get behind cover and blow everyone to hell who shows up afterwards, especially the armored guy.

Now, you think Crushing's hard, Brutal's a whole other (very unfun) ballgame. The final chapter of Drake's Fortune on Brutal is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my 15+ year gaming career. Basically, on Brutal you will die from anything in two regular shots, assault rifles usually taking three. Strangely, it's the Uzi guys who can kill you the fastest.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't bother with brutal. :v:

I will say that UC2 and 3 are not *that* hard on Brutal, at least not especially moreso than Crushing. Same strategies basically apply, and I would say that Drake's Fortune Brutal is far and away the hardest of the three games. You just have to be prepared to die one whole hell of a lot.

Speaking of which, we should play some UC4 online sometime.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I will if/when they add co-op stuff, I don't play competitive multiplayer like ever though, sorry

Ah, too bad. One more anecdote about Drake's Fortune I'll share is in the last real part of Drake's Fortune's final chapter, you have to do a QTE to dodge a falling crate to begin the final shootout segment of the game. Right after you do that QTE, a couple goons run down the stairs and fire at you. Basically, because you take real damage there while Drake is recovering from the roll, there's a 50 / 50 chance you'll die without being able to do anything about it. You have to count on those jokers missing long enough for you to instantly go into cover. It's a wonderful bit of design right there.

If there wasn't a checkpoint right before that QTE, I probably would have torn my hair out before I got that trophy. After how hard the second part is, the fact you can die pretty much instantly through no fault of your own is really, really unfair.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
White Album 2 synctube starts in just under three hours.

Now, of course, I have to think about what show we'll do after...

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

graybook posted:

When y'all decide, I hope I can join in.

Sadly I was last minute occupied today as usual. But I haven't even seen the first series so alas.

Well, other than the name, WA2 has nothing to do with the first.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Start time is in 30.

It will be a wonderful day when graybook can rejoin us. His presence is sorely missed.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Your presence was missed today for the first part of White Album the Second.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Space Flower posted:

ahh sorry!! i stayed up watching volleyball and granblue, and woke up at like 3pm and missed the post. i'll catch up for next week

We're up to episode 8, when The Dramatics Start (but you should still watch the first half, for the idol concert storyline).

Also, incredibly coincidentally, Touma Kazusa's birthday is May 28, the day we finish the show. How perfect is that for timing?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The thing I hate most about overseas jobs is all the stuff you have to fill out. It just never ends.

After I made the payment (which, thank gods, made it through right after no small amount of effort on my part to correct things), apparently some strings were pulled and I'll be able to start in October after all. Apparently this was the trigger to hit me with about eight billion requirements to begin applying for the visa and the school I'll be studying at. I sure hope today's forms are the last of it, because I'm getting pretty sick of applying for this thing.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Motto, I must inform you as to Sophie's egao.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So, as of this morning in regards to the sponsorship, I have

1. An interview to do with the school I would be studying Japanese at.

2. Another form to fill out. It's not so bad but it's just so repetitive. I've sent this same information no less than three times now.

3. Corrections to make on the documents I sent last Sunday.

4. Need to acquire a copy of my university student transcript and my birth certificate. I've never even seen the latter, and of course I'll have to wait like a week for the transcripts, and if it's ordered today.

You know, when I'm wanting new people to sign up for my program, I know I'd like to make the application process as complicated as is humanly possible. They really couldn't make this more of a pain in the rear end if they tried.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
To whom it may concern: the original plan was to finish the White Album 2 synctube tomorrow, or Sunday, but in my current state of physical health, I'm more inclined to freeze myself solid and wait the 10,000 or so years before my chronic headache goes away than watch a second of anime. I'm most certainly going to see a doctor next week, because this is has one of the crappiest weeks I can recall, simply because my headache will just not end.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Like seriously, my head has been hurting for basically 3-4 days straight. It used to be I could manage it via a combination of quiet + labored breathing (along with a noticeably slowing heart rate) + darkness + headache medicine / water, but nada today or yesterday. Basically the stimuli of being conscious sets off the pain.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I hate that I am awake, but in my defense, night pains are the absolute worst. I cannot wait till morning and I can go to the town clinic, because I cannot get through another night like tonight. This is going to be the longest 5-6 hours of my life I can't get some sleep, and it's not looking likely.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, I was finally able to see a doctor today, and it seems there's no particular reason (like head tumor or whatever) for the headaches, which would be one head-based malady I don't have.

They gave me a shot to dull the immediate pain, which did and continues to work, but I suppose we're still at the "Wait and see" phase. Better than nothing, I guess.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Water is just the best. Thanks to copious hydration I'm not hurting near as much. Best drink there ever was or ever will be.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So! Funny thing about my head. Last night was pretty awful, but at some point my body absolutely demanded to throw up for one reason or another, even though I hadn't had any food for like 9 hours. After I had done so, the pain in my head went way, way down, and I was able to get some solid sack time. I have awoken today in much better health. There's a lingering pain, to be sure, but compared to last night, this is like a stroll through a nice park on a pleasant summer afternoon with a calm breeze.

Assuming people show up, final part of White Album 2 starts in just under three hours.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Seems as though the synctube site is being really dumb right now, since I can't access it, and my connection is otherwise fine.

Just not my week, but they usually aren't. In any case, guess we'll do it next week.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

Hmm, it's working for us

Well, tomorrow's Memorial Day, in any case. Are Space Flower and Motto there? We could do it tomorrow, if that were agreeable.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Apologies to Kazusa-san in advance

The fates were not kind, but you are not forgotten.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Space Flower posted:

mm, tomorrow and tues I'm working at 3pm CST...

Well, I'd be fine with rescheduling it for your sake.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, after another rash of powerful aches this morning and a trip to the hospital, I was finally given a straight answer. It's either: a powerful migraine, or inflammation in the left side of my head up to the left of my left eye. I was given a couple of steroids to try the first theory, and so far it seems to be panning out, but I had blood drawn and will supposedly hear from them by this time tomorrow if inflammation is really the cause. I'm hoping it's the former, as inflammation sounds...messy.

However, I don't think there's much chance of me turning into a hulking bruiser anytime soon. Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed by that.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
voltcatfish's cats can sense weakness, and one day she will wake up with her cats surrounding her and moving in for the kill. It's tragic, but the circle of life is beautiful in its own way.

Also, thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. It's been a trying week :unsmith:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
volt, after you finish Meruru, are you going to move on to the Dusk Trilogy / Sophie? They're all cute with very cute girls.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 30, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

I was on Totori! But yeah, I own pretty much all of them on the vita. I'm going to enjoy being immersed in cute girls for a long time

or watch your lps if I burn out since I think you did the lps for them yeah?

Yep, LPs for OG Rorona, Totori, Meruru, Ayesha, Escha, and Shallie. I'd be honored if you read them.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

her shoes are weird

I'm pissed about her lack of a hat. A hairpin in NOT a hat. Hopefully this will be corrected. Even Meruru's side crown was pushing it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

Tari Tari!

P.A. Works is awesome.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Just realised Atelier Sophie is out next week

Would that my finances were in better shape to get it on launch, like I did with every game in the Dusk Trilogy. It will just have to wait, sadly.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
After this next Uncharted 4 round, it'll be the first time in almost a week I go to bed without being in pain :unsmith:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

wait so is it america that considers sunday the first day of the week?

i'll admit, america's track record isn't very good. first fahrenheit and now this...

I always thought Monday was the first day growing up, but seems the new normal is Sunday.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Although it should have been done last week, final part of White Album 2 starts in 2 hours.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Synctube starts in 15.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
White Album 2 status after the synctube: still great

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Also I would've said petticoat too because I don't think boys know what they are

Don't tempt us. We can Google it!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

Couldn't catch the WA2 sync because of work (:rip:), but I'll make sure to watch the rest of it sometime.

You should, and too bad you couldn't make it. WA2 is really good, and the last half of the show (especially 8), has some nice Setsuna x Kazusa in places.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I can't believe Blhue is a heterosexual male.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Finally finished my rewatch of Symphogear G. Verdict: Still great. I really liked the song that played over the final episode's credits, too. Maria is still the best singer among the Symphogears.

Rewatch of GX has begun, but will have to wait as I am tired and am nearing sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Reminder that today's synctube is The Chloe Lemaire Show, aka Girl Friend (Beta). Starts at the usual time.

• Locked thread