Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I barely posted in the previous thread. I will likely do similarly in this one.

Anime is good I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Good.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Burbo's current white dog toohoo seems good, but not as good as the brown dog toohoo that used to be his av.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Japanese pop starlets seem like an especially inappropriate target for this sort of treatment.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

How do boatgirls work? I can't bring myself to actively look for anything about them. Are they like cyborgs or something? The pallid ones with monster bits seem good.

Also pretend I posted all of the latest Tamen De Gushi.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Kuro, n-no... :ohdear:

Such a good kitty.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This is the best music on this page.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Weird squirtles.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Real talk: I find that Tomo-chan manga's insistance on traditional "girliness" and gender roles far creepier than most manga that're about looking at scantily clad hot people. I mean, there's every chance that throwing all that out could be the punchline, but it seems to be taking an awfully long time to get there.

The blonde one is good though.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

no, the punchline is that tomo is a tomboy that wants to be girly

it's a pretty common anime gag tbh, lots of anime tomboys have a ~secret feminine side~, look at makoto, the cool tomboy in idolmaster that secretly wants to wear a dress. that said, the fact that, say, makoto is concerned about her self-image as a whole while tomo just wants to get with a dude whose entire running gag is not really having a personality or having relationships with the other characters, makes it weirder
Well, yeah, but the authour choosing to write it that way still makes me suspect that I wouldn't like them (and that they probably have some weird issues with girls).

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This current wings & gun toohoo seems especially inconsistently depicted, even by the high standards of previous toohoos.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

new chapter of henty demon sister :mrgw:

Nothing is yet beating the *ara-aras confusedly* from chapter 2.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I think everyone should just assume I posted "what's this?" everytime they post a screencap or manga.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

New Oddman 11: "I wanted a friend. A friend I could eventually have sex with."

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

It's nice how Concrete Revolutio seems to be generating some interest in the old animes and mangas it's riffing on.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

An important point from the OP stream last night: we need a word for the sound made by light glinting off a posing giant robot.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

Monster girl stuff doesn't have enough giant girls

This seems impractical, she's quite the target for field artillery. Plus a lot of bears needed to die for that hat, unless there are also giant bears.

Nice probation though.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

What was the name of the manga about the lesbian... I want to say "artist"? It looked cute.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sometimes I worry that, because I post so rarely, people don't realise that me and the other guy with the same av aren't the same person.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I must post harder.

Edit: or shitpost somewhere until someone gives me a new av.

Brutal Garcon fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Space pants.

I always wanted you to go

into space pants.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This, but with the genders swapped.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Like many people, I know Overwatch only through the fanart that gets posted in threads like this. Why is the girl with the visor so unpopular? Is she a rubbish character to play as?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The comments section of any manga reader website is always full of people talking about how they want to do the characters.

Knowing that, I should not have scrolled down to the comments on Kumo desu ga, nani ka.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I was going to comment on this, but then I realised that I'd called the girl in the back of the shot "Serena" in my head and so I must leave forever, as is the fate of all normies.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

her name is serena

Serena is a much better moon-pun name than Usagi.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Say you will, say you won't
Say you'll do what I don't
Say you're true, say to me...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Waiting for a long weekend with Mousou Express stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24i-kdawwY

When is the Monogatar simulwatch coming back? More people need to see this in context.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Monster Girl Encyclopedia is full of gross rapey stuff and all-female species of desperate waifus who will settle for the sort of person whom we must assume make up its target audience.

Monster girls, however, are good. As are monster boys.

(For a fun time, go to 4chan or somewhere else terrible and try to get someone to defend the originality and artistic integrity of Monster Girl Encyclopedia. Or, better, don't.)

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Knorth posted:

:cripes:

From what I've seen of that encyclopedia, it doesn't treat them like people, instead they're just a species of animal that wants to gently caress you and has boobs. It's loving bad and half the reason I liked Monmusu was that it at least had the monster people actually be people

Yeah, this basically.

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, we get it, you don't jerk off to Monster Girls. nobody will think you're a pervert, now that you have registered your disgust

That's, like, nearly the opposite of what I said.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I just watched the tattoo anime, and I appreciate that it wastes no time at all setting up its perfectly generic action anime plot.

Just "Here's your dude, he's in school and good at kung fu. Now he has powers. Here's his friend with big boobs, and this is a cool girl with guns and knives. Now fight another dude. Bam. Our guy is special somehow."

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

NotALizardman posted:

sweetness and lightning is really good holy poo poo!!!

:hai:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Hanekawa got into some weird stuff during her travels.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

What're they singing?

Knorth, I also hope that the sword girl can help the gun girl get over her time-travel and amnesia induced pseudo-dumping.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I watched the vampire anim. The MC has a lazy vampire catboy magically bonded to him with a magic chain. It's extremely gay, I predict it will be very popular.

(Also the MC looks just like the MC from Actually, I am a.. and has a classmate with long green hair, red eyes and fangs - except a boy, because this show knows its audience)

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Hare lips are moe, apparently.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Eternal mid-week sounds terrifying.

The middle thing of seven things is the fourth one, not the third. German is silly.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

Wednesday is the fourth day of the week, though

A bunch of languages that just give the days of the week numbers disagree with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I too have watched all of RWBY.

It is bad; I shall continue to watch it when more comes out. I think this makes me the typical RWBY watcher.

• Locked thread