Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Is this solely for crying experiences at the airport or can we include traumatic experiences aboard planes as weell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
I was here briefly during a business trip. I found a good, comfortable chair in the middle of the waiting section and curled up to cry myself to sleep, but it was interrupted by a call from work: they were able to move my flight around and I no longer had to spend the night in the airport. This infuriated me, I saw stars through a sheen of tears, but alas, the HR person did not acquiesce to my demands. I was forced to sit in an aisle seat, next to two empty coach seats. I had hoped to vent my frustrations at the world in a pent-up fit of rage against the uncertainty of my schedule and my inability to affect any meaningful change in my life, but alas, I could not, and so I settled for quietly whimpering about how I had to go home early in a place where nobody could hear my cries.

The peanuts were pretty good for airline peanuts, but I got a little piece of shell stuck in the back of my throat, and when I tried to take a drink from my mini bottle of vodka it splashed right in my eyes and it stung so bad I couldn't help but cry. Despite my good fortune, I still managed to get a good cry in before I arrived home.

Score:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Detroit Metropolitan Airport

I was on my way home from visiting family, and I was in a fantastic mood (not related). I knew I had a long holiday season coach flight ahead of me, but I figured I would combat the boredom and irritation of multiple delays and odorous bodies via alcohol from the airport shop. I remember buying more than a handful of shooters and a few packs of the premium peanuts (I didn't want a repeat of The Cleveland Flight Incident) and drinking most of the liquor.

I wish I had a better memory because the next part is a little bit of a blur. I made my way over to the final boarding area and saw a whole bunch of people in a line to get in. I tried to make some small talk about the weather, he clothes, how good she smelled, but when she reached into her purse to get her phone out so I could give her my number she accidentally pulled out pepper spray for some reason!

Before I could protest, she sprayed and hit me in the face, which not only stung, it caused my eyes and lips to burn more than crotchfire and sobbed uncontrollably at the pain and indignation of the entire experience. I lied on the floor and got a solid ten minutes of crying in before security helped me to my feet. I varied between sniffling and wailing for the next couple hours.

Props to the security team.

Score:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm glad others have really opened up here

• Locked thread