Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Moey posted:

I would have assumed by now

love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think the blades are still plastic, alas.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cygni posted:

The Meshlicious/Meshroom are premium feeling cases from them. I’ve built in both and been really happy.

I’m not comfortable with that phrasing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Plant MONSTER. posted:

- Run basic games that aren't necessarily graphic heavy. I'm not an intense gamer but poo poo like minecraft shouldn't run at at 12 fps

Minecraft is a bad choice here I think, because it’s an unoptimized pig in a bunch of ways that no doubt led to its success but make it painful to run on underspec machines, especially if you want mods.

The Java one anyway, I assume Bedrock/Windows-native is better in some ways but nobody cares because it doesn’t have mods.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You can get a used NUC for under $400 in Canada? I am very interested in this (but I’ll let OP buy theirs first)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah that’s more than $500 Canadian with shipping/duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Those NUCs are a trickier get in Canada, alas. The cheapest Beelink SER5 on newegg.ca is $409+tax and is via a 3rd party seller which always makes me a little uneasy.

Something used off eBay might be a better use of that budget, but NUCs are kinda having a moment right now so there often isn’t a ton of supply. This one looks decent, maybe? 8h left and 2 bids, so will probably be higher in the end.

NUCs cost a premium for their compact size, so a small office desktop that fell off-lease might be an easier fit for $400.

Never mind, I was a bunch behind.