Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
I've got a corsair 250d which apparently is fairly large as far as MITX's go.

My build uses a corsair h100i V2 CPU cooler (Had to end up drilling two holes to mount the radiator) and it works well. The fans are set to intake air, along with the case fan in the front.

I have no GPU atm, and will be getting a GTX 1070 when it's out. I have to decide between a blower or not. I don't get the impression the blowers are very good when it comes to cooling and sound but I'm worried about a GPU intaking a load of air on the left side of the case too, so there's intakes on the left, right, and front, maybe making the PC hot.

Apparently having so much air intake just pushes it out the back more efficiently, which would be fine. What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah as far as I'm aware it's usually the height of the gpu that causes trouble. I can fit a 970 that's 140mm, any higher is asking for trouble. I checked, and it seems most of the new cards are 140mm or under.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Thinking of returning my gtx 1080 G1 due to it running loud and pretty hot.

I have a corsair 250d, which has a 140mm front fan. If i were to get this closed loop watercooled gpu when it's out, would the fan simply be placed where the front fan is now? Can't see any info on what size the gpu fan is.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5919#kf

This should help with the noise and temp issue, yeah?