Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griffith86
Jun 19, 2008
Nice! A SFF Thread...

I've actually been gaming / coding / designing off my little Node 304 for the last 4-5 years now... My setup is...

Node 304
Silverstone Strider 500W modular power supply
Silverstone Strider Short Cable Kit
Asrock H77M-ITX
16GB of Corsair LP memory
i5 3570k w/ Corsair h90
Samsung 840 Pro (128GB)
WD HDD (1TB)
EVGA 780 Ti ACX

CPU and GPU never go over 50c and it has ran like a dream with no problems whatsoever. I plan on upgrading at some point in the future but I can still play pretty much everything out there maxed out without any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griffith86
Jun 19, 2008

particle9 posted:

The more I've looked at cases the more perplexed I've become over what choice to make. I went from the rvz01 to the ftz01 to now wanting a fractal node 304. This would be a lot easier if I didn't want to keep an internal 3.5" hard drive :downs:

The Node 304 has slots for 6 3.5" drives as I'm sure you know... I personally only have one of the HDD cages (1 of 3, all removable) installed so I could have a full video card but I have a 1TB HDD and a SSD in mine and haven't had any issues whatsoever. It's a very tight case though once you get everything packed into it so that's something to keep in mind.

Griffith86 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 24, 2016