Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That Phanteks case is awesome. Their cases are so slick looking and the footprint being so small is what really matters for a lot of users.

Goddamn that Hardware Canucks channel makes some good looking videos. Their tour footage looks better than most people's studio work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

This is the Inwin Gaming Cube A1. Pretty interesting, if only to observe how badly RGB lighting clashes with wood paneling.

I love it, it's so Star Trek / Mid-Century Modern.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h200i-matte-white

:eyepop:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they might release an option down the line, but for now TG is the hotness

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think I read it's sub 30.

As far as the software goes, I'm in two minds - it's not 100% OK that they're collecting data, but on the other hand, what are they gonna do with crowdsourced fan curve information? It's not exactly my CC numbers.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

Yeah nah it doesnt shatter like that unless you drop it on a corner or something. Obviously shower screens are really thick but those can last the life of the house. This is the same stuff, just downscaled.

If you can shatter a tempered glass panel, you are being way to rough with your pc and are probably gunna break components. Glass doesnt just shatter for no good reason. Id put money on the vast majority of those cases being broken by user error.

this matches up with what I know about glass, particularly with shower screens being sturdy as gently caress. What about manufacturing faults? Do ya reckon that shower screens and case panels are soured/manufactured in the same way?

I only ask cos there's heaps of people online saying their glass arrives busted or just gives up during assembly. Figured there's probs some variation or manufacturing faults out there.

Altho tbf most people wouldn't ever install their own shower glass and wouldn't be aware of how often it breaks (if at all)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvoNRrG0UzE

Jay just built a pretty small PC in a carry case. ITX but not super small. It's got a handle and is watercooled.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That white xbox looks like a sensible size for a pc/console. It's about as big as an N64. I wonder if we'll see PC cases around that size becoming more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The United States posted:

A lot of the old shuttle-style cases supported optical drives, so if you can find one for sale you're good

I have one of these, it's not super easy to build in but it's a good size if you MUST have an ODD. Dust filter is good, too.