Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Rabid Snake posted:

Welp too late at night. Definitely meant Fahrenheit. Curse you imperial system

If you're in the US it's actually the US customary system, not imperial. :eng101:

e: That looks like a nice case though. I have the Bitfenix Prodigy M and it's just a huge gigantic thing and I remember building it up was super annoying. I've been thinking about just replacing the case. Not even to upgrade the PC or anything, just replacing the case.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

wipeout posted:

Yea, it's a shame they don't sell a mesh panel to replace the window on that. I hate them too. They do sell them for some other cases.

I had one of those. You can put the window as the top panel so it doesn't look stupid. Alternatively I guess you can buy 2 and use the mesh panel from the extra :v:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I think I wanna transplant my current system into a smaller case yet one that provides better cooling/airflow. Here's my current setup:

code:
MSI GTX 970 (stock)
i5-4690k (overclocked to 4.3 GHz) + Cryorig H7
fully modular ATX(?) powersupply
BitFenix Prodigy (the mITX version)
1-2 SSDs (don't need space/room for a optical drive or regular sized hard drive)
In my UEFI I like to set my system fan speed to "silent" because I don't like noise. My GPU gets up to ~75 C playing wow this way on stock settings which seems like, rather high I think. The CPU stays lower than that. Anyway, I'd like another mITX case that's a lot smaller than the one I have and has better airflow for my GPU. It would also be super great if the thing was filtered so dust doesn't get in. Another plus would be if I can keep using my current power supply, but if I have to get another one in a smaller form factor then it's whatever. Other nice things is sound proofing/better acoustics. The reason I leave my system fan on "silent" mode is because it's a bit loud at "normal" mode and this computer is now running my Plex and nzbget so I tend to leave it on overnight and it's set up in my room at the moment. I also want to 'mildly' overclock the GPU as well but I just haven't because I don't understand why it's hitting 75 C playing wow when wow is supposedly non-GPU taxing.

I probably can't have everything so in order of importance for me: smaller size > better cooling > less noise > filters >>> able to keep using power supply and CPU/case fans