Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Russ from Retro Game Corps tests Batocera on every mini PC he reviews and maintains a spreadsheet of performance that's pretty useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I assume he has a review of the Minisforum UM790 Pro coming up soon, since that's on the sheet but doesn't have a video yet. That's the one I'm really looking at with its £500 barebones price.

E: Yep that's exactly what the hidden video I noticed in his mini PC's playlist was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8En30psoE

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 16, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Best you can get right now is probably the Fractal Ridge. It's expensive but its the closest to a console form factor around right now. I've seen a few maniacs who've put 4090s in them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cablemod are the big company that most everyone trusts with PSU cables. They have a compatibility checker on their site so go there, pick your PSU and it'll say which of their products are known compatible. They'll also do custom cables if you want to get really crazy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you're talking about video, basically anything at this point should be able to do 4K60 video. Even the Steam Deck can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

While I'm aware the good answer is "buy a laptop", bear with me.

Is anyone making a relatively portable sized PC, prebuilt, that can game? Not necessarily some of the Roku sized NUC stuff in this thread, as it seems hard to find those that will game, but still something that is small and portable?

I'm helping a friend look for a portable PC that can move between houses, but for whatever reason doesn't want a laptop. Is there anything like that?

Maybe a mini-ITX prebuilt?

What level of game specifically? There's some mini PCs that have laptop GPUs in them like the Minisforum Neptune line which have Radeon 6600Ms in that can handle most things at 1080p.