Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012
If I didn't have too much hardware already, I wouldn't mind something like that with one of the 7040 RDNA3 parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012
A Beelink mini PC from Amazon is also an option. They probably won't handle the fanciest shader packs well, but from experience should otherwise be fine with Minecraft and other games with low graphics requirements. Can't say how it'll work on FL Studio but I suspect it'll be fine if you're already using an older laptop. The list price for my SER5 model with a Ryzen 5600H, 32gb of DDR4 and a 500gb SSD was $577.15 CAD. The Ryzen 5000U models will be cheaper - https://www.amazon.ca/Beelink-SER5-Desktop-Computer-Support/dp/B0C5HVGN7N/ is going for $346 right now. They seem to go on sale somewhat frequently, and there are Intel options as well.

You do have to ask their support to email you an updated BIOS, which is kind of horseshit, especially considering AMD's recent BIOS problems. I run Linux on mine so I can't speak for the Windows driver situation.

pentium166
Oct 15, 2012

Tankakern posted:

but i want 4k@120 or 144

The specs page suggests that it should work. I don't have a 4k display to test with, but my Beelink 5600H mini PC handles 1440p144 over HDMI on Linux. (It does sporadically lose signal but I think that's a cabling, EMI or faulty monitor HDMI 2.0 port on my end.)