Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

dema posted:

NCASE M1

I like how clean the build is. Are you planning to install some case fans though, if only to keep the dust out? I have a V. 2 that I got two years ago, haven't gotten around to getting parts for it yet but once the non-reference GTX1070s are out I'll probably build one pretty similar in layout to yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Finally built my NCASE M1, first time building a PC and boy was I glad this thing switched on on the first try, though it thinks I have two monitors for some raisin???

Tried to get the cables as tidy as I could. Waiting for the 2 fan EVGA GTX 1060 to get released so I could grab that, I'd get the short version but the 0rpm mode of the larger one appeals to me

I'm playng Overwatch with the on-board graphics set to low in the meantime and I thought it played ok at 58 FPS which I guess means my tolerance for lovely graphics is pretty high

i should probably find a better chair than my ikea stool/muji cushion combo

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Coredump posted:

Which power supply did you use?

I used the Corsair SF450; I picked this over the Silverstone cause it's got a 0rpm mode and I've read the Silverstone has issues with coil whine or fan noise. So far so good, don't think I've heard the fan spin up yet, or if it has I haven't heard it.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

JBark posted:

eVGA released a BIOS update for the single fan model to enable 0rpm mode as well:
http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1060-BIOS-Update-Single-Fan-Models-Only-m2520978.aspx

Cool beans :)

Just ordered the EVGA 1060 SC, should be here by the end of next week hopefully.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

kind of want the dancase A4 even when i already have my M1sitting on my desk

why do PCs have to be so big

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

I like my SF450 its so cute when i put it next to my bro's RM1000

oh also i have the mini EVGA GTX1060 in my ncase now and it's great but looking at it all put together I still can't help but notice that there's so much empty space

hurry up dancase and start selling at retail is what im sayin

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i put in some fans and a cpu cooler into my ncase so i guess you could say its finally done. hopefully will last me for the next 5 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Honestly I think I would've been fine with no case fans and the stock Intel cooler, everything's been dandy since I installed the GPU back in September but I bought these parts on a whim a few weeks ago and only just got around to installing them yesterday so yeah