Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahmed
Dec 24, 2012

Surgeon
Lipstick Apathy
Nice thread about small form PCs.
I want to buy a pre-made small form factor PC, any one tried Falcon northwest Fragbox ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahmed
Dec 24, 2012

Surgeon
Lipstick Apathy

Broken Machine posted:

I have one of their original model fragbox cases. It's not quite as small as the smallest sff pcs today, so it's a bit dated in ways but it uses a full ATX power supply (with a custom bracket) and can fit a full ATX board. I got a carrying case with mine, which is just barely small enough for a carryon. I don't know that it's worth the premium today, but it's a nice case. I'm not even sure if you can buy just the case from them anymore.

e: Oh, if you're buying a whole system from them for like 3k sure, they make nice systems if you don't mind that premium.
the main advantage of Fragbox over Tiki (from same company) is the use of full GPU while using a smaller case than a mid-tower, sure portability is a plus thanks BM

Stickman posted:

If you're looking at pre-built Fragboxes, the Corsair One line prebuilts are smaller and seem to have somewhat better components while also being bit cheaper for a given spec.
I will give a look to it

Ahmed
Dec 24, 2012

Surgeon
Lipstick Apathy
I also found chronos of origin pc
https://www.originpc.com/gaming/desktops/chronos/
smaller than Tiki and contain full GPU (founder edition) instead of blower fan GPU cooling edition