Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Alright. I've deadlocked with myself on the Dancase A4.

Make or break my decision one way or another, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

NoDamage posted:

At ~$285 shipped to the US that's a drat expensive case, are you willing to pay that much and wait until December for it? The extreme size of the case also imposes quite a few component restrictions, for example some aftermarket video cards with larger PCBs won't fit, and there's maybe a handful of CPU coolers that are compatible. For any case > $200 you'd likely want to get multiple generations of use out of it, and personally I think I would get pretty annoyed with playing the "does this component fit in my case" game every time I went to upgrade something in the future. Not worth the hassle just to save 1.5 inches on width and height compared to the M1, unless you absolutely must have the smallest case ever.

Also, that super long PCIe riser cable. I know supposedly he chose the best one, but I would maybe be slightly concerned about issues cropping up with that, which we won't know about until many cases are in the hands of many people with different motherboard/video card combinations.

Finally, it's the first run of a Kickstarter project. If anything goes wrong (as Kickstarters tend to do), you might be waiting even longer than December.

In a nutshell, this is pretty much what the other side in my head has been saying.

Vaya con dios, Dancase. We'll see you next year.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It'll give me time to find a small UPS to go on the VR harness. The problem is that APC/Cyberpower don't make one that isn't goddamn overkill, Tripplite makes one that MIGHT be okay, but I'm not quite sure yet because it's only rated for 150W, and everything else is liable to be made of Chinesium.

And really, all I want is enough runtime to yank the headset up, and plug the extension cord back in.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 19, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Could, but only if they came in 120V.