Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So how many full loot pvp UO spiritual successors are on the go at the moment, I can think of at least 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Christopher posted:

Honestly Princess, Duchess, and Baroness would possibly be equally as offensive. Either way, you should be honored they had enough respect not to include you in this horrible excuse for a grief-fest. As small as the full loot, open world, pvp market is I just can't believe anyone thinks this will have a chance at survival. I actually am a fan of this genre when its done right (and it never is) and I wouldn't even come close to this lazy attempt at a sandbox.

I am fantastically curious of how you would do this genre right without ending up with a moba. The intrinsic problem with this sort of game is it only works with sheep for the wolves to attack and that sheep population turned tail and fled as soon as there were no-wolves-allowed ruleset games to play. Once wolves start preying on other wolves the weaker wolves have a cry about balance, or grinding or everyone else being OP and leave. That cycle repeats until only one wolf is left and your game is not only dead but with an incredible community of people who will tell you exactly how much they hate it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

so after this promo they will have a server population of 50 right?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LegalPad posted:

This looks like one of those magic images you have to stare at for a few minutes and focus your eyes in different ways before it makes any sense. Can you spot all 3 (?) birds in this picture?

I found a nostalgia mmo dev stealing pills from a employee's desk, I think its actually a wheres wally knockoff

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CoffeeBooze posted:

I thought this was a f2p game. What morons are actually paying money to play this before it releases?

The same ones who buy every full loot pvp mmo in pre-alpha, I still love you guys tho

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jackard posted:

this is not what i waited nineteen years for go gently caress yourslef

The other thing you may have waited 19 years for is your eve skill training que to complete, so maybe check that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jazzcactus posted:

Is this poo poo any good? Those screenshots say to me "Of course this will be a waste of your money"

Randomly select any open pvp mmo thread in hmommo and read the last page. The reactions there will be the reactions here within a year at the most.

• Locked thread