Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

should I play Birthright if I'm finding Conquest a nice level of challenge or will it be boring and easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

should I play Birthright if I'm finding Conquest a nice level of challenge or will it be boring and easy

It depends on if you want to play another fire emblem game. The maps generally aren't as good as conquest and enemies don't have skills so that whole aspect in conquest is missing. But I still liked it and making a powerful army is always fun to me. If I could go back I would have done birthright first though

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

It depends on if you want to play another fire emblem game. The maps generally aren't as good as conquest and enemies don't have skills so that whole aspect in conquest is missing. But I still liked it and making a powerful army is always fun to me. If I could go back I would have done birthright first though

The enemy skills were annoying when it's stuff like automatic counters that one hit your dudes before you think to check. But as a gamer I crave that kind of senseless abuse.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

The enemy skills were annoying when it's stuff like automatic counters that one hit your dudes before you think to check. But as a gamer I crave that kind of senseless abuse.

that keeps happening to me and it was on good characters [leo camilla and my nina who is strong with a magic bow all thanks to not checking different enemies for magic counter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i should hav looked at elise's stats earlier she has like 22 magic and i haven't even upgraded her yet @___@

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elise is a insane magic user yeah. I swapped her to the horse magician at like 16 or 17 and she was hitting for 2 times more damage than other mages they gave you in conquest

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the wind tribe in conquest is kicking my rear end. i'm not playing on lunatic because i'm just a regular guy.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
iirc you can't actually play lunatic on causal? it's a shame, since it seems like it'd be a cool different playstyle to try.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

the wind tribe in conquest is kicking my rear end. i'm not playing on lunatic because i'm just a regular guy.

that map was pretty hard iirc but especially because i was fishing for kills wth mozu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

that one is cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

that map was pretty hard iirc but especially because i was fishing for kills wth mozu

the first thing i did with her was switch her to archer,. are u supposed to leave her as a villager?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the first thing i did with her was switch her to archer,. are u supposed to leave her as a villager?

Villager is kinda bad in this game because they changed how underdog worked and she's also the best archer you can get in conquest. I swapped her pretty quick in conquest but didn't even use her in birthright because you get better bow and spear users

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im good enough at the games but i havent really taken the time to learn the mechanics deeply, but i remember i na awakening it was best to leave donnell, donny, errr, the guy with the pan on his head, as a villager for a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah because in awakening when you reclassed people's levels reset but their stats didn't, so villager with underdog meant they could get crazy stats and still get bonuses for being "under leveled" compared to enemies. They fixed this in fates and levels don't reset anymore so it's kind of a useless skill compared to just turning mozu into a better class

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

no she's good as an archer and after gaining a couple elvels she'll murk everyone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

yeah because in awakening when you reclassed people's levels reset but their stats didn't, so villager with underdog meant they could get crazy stats and still get bonuses for being "under leveled" compared to enemies. They fixed this in fates and levels don't reset anymore so it's kind of a useless skill compared to just turning mozu into a better class

getting a bonus to gaining stats is stl good jackass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

getting a bonus to gaining stats is stl good jackass

that's aptitude. Underdog is the one that gives you big bonuses for being under the enemies level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aptitude is still sick obvi

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

that's aptitude. Underdog is the one that gives you big bonuses for being under the enemies level

oh yeah,pardon

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
promoting into merchant means you get the best attack animations, though

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Got so into my tactics playing this game that I literally walked into a light pole playing my 3DS. May have broke my glasses, but If that's not the mark of a cucking awesome handheld game i dunno what is.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Forget your glasses, is the 3DS okay?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

A few of my Undertale stickers got scratched; otherwise fine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

A few of my Undertale stickers got scratched; otherwise fine.

:patriot:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
got to chapter 22 in conquest before getting my first S rank... i don't think I'll be getting all possible children after all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

got to chapter 22 in conquest before getting my first S rank... i don't think I'll be getting all possible children after all

i only have one at like chapter 19 too... im not really pairing up much to be honest, it seems better to generally just have allies standing next to eachother all the time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive used shelter quite a bit though. cool skill

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i plan it all out because i have autism

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i t HINK pairs of units that come in during the same chapter gain relationships faster, like beruka and severa, peri and inigo, uh, benny and the axe girl even tho i've never used them, arthur and effie, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i plan it all out because i have autism

Same here lyle.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I should finish conquest but I stopped when I had 2 or 3 kids at the chapter with all the wind things

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I should finish conquest but I stopped when I had 2 or 3 kids at the chapter with all the wind things

im struggling with this level. i can beat it easily enough but not without losing people. i think today ill try only taking a smaller army without weak people in it cos i have a couple of units that barely take any damage from anything on the level.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, regarding the dlc, since europe doesnt have much of it yet, are the map packs worth the money? i cant get enough fire emblem , but if its just stuff like xp and money grinding then i dont want it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

im struggling with this level. i can beat it easily enough but not without losing people. i think today ill try only taking a smaller army without weak people in it cos i have a couple of units that barely take any damage from anything on the level.

oh yeah, i only have 1 good flying unit too lol. so thats making the level a lot harder as well probably

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i only have one at like chapter 19 too... im not really pairing up much to be honest, it seems better to generally just have allies standing next to eachother all the time.

it's the opposite for me, i always pair up because not getting your guys double-attacked is a big deal. at least on conquest hard

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

it's the opposite for me, i always pair up because not getting your guys double-attacked is a big deal. at least on conquest hard

im on conquest hard as well and most of my units are generally too fast for that. i only have one heavy and slow unit and thats effie and she has wary fighter. xander is my other strong defense guy, and hes ridiculous in every stat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, regarding the dlc, since europe doesnt have much of it yet, are the map packs worth the money? i cant get enough fire emblem , but if its just stuff like xp and money grinding then i dont want it

the cool ones give you unique classes and item rewards but the few ive bought/played havent been great, but if you want 30+ more maps for another 20 bucks go for it. idk what it costs in euros though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

well you should get the anna dlc so u can have anna as a playable character

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I haven't even played Awakening through and feel like a real dumbo. Gotta finish that before I pick up the new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

I haven't even played Awakening through and feel like a real dumbo. Gotta finish that before I pick up the new ones.

It's my least favorite FE but maybe you'll like it more. Once I finish revelation I think I might pick up sacred stones on Wii u

• Locked thread