Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

computer parts posted:

"Dindu" sounds like a weird 19th Century slur.

It's short for Dindu Nuffin, a slurring of "[I] didn't do nothing," a worthless plea that the feral criminal thugs spit out right before police rightfully shoot them on the spot.

It is a weird 21st century slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Coolwhoami posted:

Surely we can (indeed, we do) differentiate between "person who sometimes plays games/watches movies" and "person for which playing games/watching movies represents a major hobby or use of their time". If the arguement you're making here is "I don't think the word gamer is used in a manner to describe the latter" then other people's comments here indicate that is not true. I agree that we ought to better differentiate between the two, but right now a weird non-battle seems to be occurring over whether the word gamer ought to apply to anyone who plays or those that play a lot.

The gamer label carries connotations of homophobia, sexism, racism, anti-intellectualism, and a whole host of other problems due to extremely loud assholes creating an association between calling oneself a gamer and in their next tweet saying "shut up Sarkeesian you stupid oval office."

So while I play a lot of video games, I can't comfortably call myself a "gamer" because it implies I'm sending death threats to whatever loving rear end in a top hat gave Bravely Second a 6/10 and making takedowns of tropes vs. women on youtube.

• Locked thread