Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

doverhog posted:

There are some nazis, sure. Is every black metal band with seemingly nazi lyrics actually a nazi band? Probably not.

Maybe no but there are quite a few nazis. Actually there are so many nazis that it has cast a pretty long shadow over the entirery of black metal. So if you go out and do nazi stuff in black metal people are quite reasonably thinking you are a nazi because nearly everyone else who has been doing nazi stuff has also been saying stuff like "Well it's not like Hitler was right... except that entire total race war, he got that poo poo totally down".

Black metal is so rife with nazis that stuff like NSBM etc. are not just some arcane in-scene thing, they're very visible to even complete outsiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

wiregrind posted:

Why label yourself? At what point would you need to be calling yourself a gamer? Do you go around asking people "Are you an Otaku too?"
You don't need a tag to be part of a community, just talk about/do something you have in common together.

Group dynamics often require some precise words and labels to convey hidden meanings to other group members. For example, there is a big and important difference between calling yourself "birdwatcher" and calling yourself "birder". The label and its proper use carries more information than many think. At many points having a tag is needed to identify the carrier as a member of certain subculture.

• Locked thread