Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Why should anyone, self-identified gamer or not, give a poo poo about the "community"?

I play video games, I'm sure some racist or sexist person plays the same video games I do. So what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rkajdi posted:

You don't need to, but then you don't get to complain when people criticize you for standing next to them. The people you associate with reflect on you.

I don't "associate" with the gamer "community" at all though. I play games that I'm certain other people play, and some of those people are racist or sexist. Also what the hell is your rant about pedo dating sims? And what does that have to do with anything? That some strange projection man.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It really seems like "gamer" is a label looking for a definition. I don't know why to be honest, but that's what it seems like to me. It also seems the "problem" with games is similarly made up. Because there are hundreds of thousands of games played by millions of people, and not everyone likes every game nor should they be expected to.

So when people say "X is bad" because of "Y" it seems like they are doing a substitution. They take a thing they don't like, specific types of video games, find assholes on the internet that like the thing, then point them out and imply everyone that likes video games is like that. Which is an intellectually bankrupt position and one that should be dismissed out of hand regardless of the speaker.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm a "friender" I hang out with and do activities with people that call me their friend. Some of these activities include playing "games", watching "movies", or discussing "books" we have read. Obviously we are all also extremely sexist, racist, and terrorist.

• Locked thread