Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Fortunately we are getting the new Civic Type R in the US. Unfortunately, it's a little too over-the-top looking for my tastes. I like the somewhat more subdued look of the two posted in this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Spades posted:

All in the name of marketing, I think - I feel like the Type R's more relaxed appearances before was down to them being pure mechanical machines without a major emphasis on branding, while Honda's trying to retake its 90s reputation nowdays, so is trying to cash in on the idea that the people who bought and ruined EP3 breadvans with coilovers and chromespray wheels might have more money rolling around ten years later.

It's a good thing, though, that the new Type R does keep up its trend of being way, way, way better than all of its competition and yet having the press denounce it because it's not European and doesn't come with butt massagers. In a race car.

I would love a white Type R with white wheels :whatup: a super cut-down spoiler or no spoiler at all, and removal of all the retarded looking external aero. Sure, it might be a little slower, but I really don't need to be at 10/10ths on my way to the Super 88 Market.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

leica posted:

Just Googled it. Yeesh, way over the top and frankly disappointing.

It will certainly have the performance credentials, though.

• Locked thread