Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wanna know more about dat boat. Looks like a good boat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wait... FE? Like ford edsel FE? Because god damned, your dad is loving insane. I mean, 850hp in a boat is its own special brand of insane, but doing it with a 60 year old motor design that has nowhere near the aftermarket support of a standard windsor or cleveland sbf is turning up to 11.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 16, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Jackie the Mick posted:

:eng101: Edsel used the MEL block used in late 50's/early 60's Edsels, Thunderbirds, and Lincolns and is a really interesting design, ranges from 383CI to 462CI, rare, and very difficult to find parts for. The FE block was used in loads of applications throughout the 60's and 70's ranging from 332CI to 428CI (most common was the 390), is pretty common, relatively easy to find parts for, etc.

They also used the 360ci FE in the edsel pacer. It is not easy to track down parts on. At least not when the catalogs aren't cooperative. I just have to get creative with where I get my part numbers. Or maybe I just need to stop loving taking customers with edsels. :suicide:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, for some reson the 360 in this edsel seems to be an oddball. Lady who owns it also had a 59 fairlane with pretty much the same 360 in it. The edsel still had the factory fuel pump on it, glass sediment bowl and all. All that was really shot was the diaphragm, so I found a new pump she would be able to transfer the bottom of the old pump over to if she wanted to keep it on.

BECAUSE LOOK AT THAT BADASS loving THING, HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT TO KEEP THAT?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Don't open the hood of a burning car. It introduces a new large source of oxygen and can make a bad situation worse.

• Locked thread