Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Fully sick mate.

Oooooh you called him an Aussie. That's not going to go down well - you should have said Fully Sik Bro.

That Group C spec Commodore in the Supra vid was a hell of a surprise. Plus I'd love to get my hand on that Z07. Unf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Spades posted:

I think that comes down to demographics - Evos and STis seem to have a lot more of a casual 'cruiser' fanbase (while most Type Rs are raced or crashed while trying to street race). When they get to the track, they quickly find out they've been using about 10% of their car's performance on the road and have no idea what do with the 90% left over - I would guess by his super early braking that's the first time he's braked hard.

Most EVO and STI drivers are idiots frankly.

Radiohead71 posted:

I'm really hoping and praying for the new, hot 2018 CR-Z, with a slightly de-tuned Civic Type-R engine (280 hp???) and say a conventional 8-sp automatic with flappy paddles (no fing CVTs!!!!). If they bring this out next year I will be the first to deposit/order one.

That honestly sounds godawful and yet again the Type-R will have no FWD peer.

quote:

Always feels like a waste to turbocharge a Type R - you get the feeling that they set the entire car up absolutely perfectly for its tires, suspension and brakes from the factory, moreso than any other performance car I've driven. But I can see why people do it - the car drives so well that maybe common logic would suggest more power would make it even better (it doesn't).

Honestly one of hte best comments about the Type-R I have ever read.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Wrar posted:

The dyno sheet says 580HP wheel, 100HP drivetrain loss?

15% driveline loss rule, usually will be close to the mark. Unless it's a Disney dyno it's a legit estimate.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Spades posted:

Also, sound deadening in these cars is pretty much just enormous slabs of rock hard bitumen. Kinda tempted to see how loud it is without the blocks down there but there's no way this poo poo is coming off without a pneumatic impact chisel.

Dry ice will fix that fast. Once the dry ice has chilled the sound deadening enough, one sharp hit with a hammer and it'll all break up and come loose

• Locked thread