Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heres a photo from when i saw my first packet of Teff. It was in the supermarket.

Share your Teff experiences!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Iron Prince posted:

gently caress you

ahh it was you at the supermarket who hosed me. greets

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

What? You never had Ethiopian food as a kid? You some sheltered rear end honkey.

nah ive never eaten a red cross ration pack ahahahaha

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

does the one in the op count? if not I'm still a Teff virgin ("t-virg" in the gay community)

I dunno we'll have to consult a scholar

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

spud posted:

Clean you're fingernails isaac!

thats probably just chicken poo poo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Give Pat a Job posted:

Is that some kind of poor person coffee grounds?

I havent worked out what teff is yet. I think we should just start by looking at Teff and learning more about it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Isaac if you buy the Teff and make it into food somehow please describe the experience in terms of vegemite for us non-aussies.

ill be at the shop tommorow. ill conduct further Teffts(tests)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i could get away with opening a bag of teff and letting customers eat from it. i think i could do it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
hi would you like to try teff hold out your hands ill pour ya some

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Big Smoothie Recipe Magazine has said Teff is going to send things into the statosphere

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In light of recent events i thought it appropriate to bump this thread

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Today. Right now. This very moment

Its all about how you proceed from here

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the thread necromancy but I think its an appropriate time to talk about this in light of recent developments

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Can't Jeff the Teff!

:synpa: :krakentoot::can: :teff:

nice work forum buddy

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
ive studied the image further and it seems to be high in calcium

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Not much just makin' sure Isaac goes on a safe grain-vision quest with Teff before he goes off sowing his wild oats.

i wonder if erowid has any info on "Teff"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

It's some kinda weird rice poo poo

They have it on the menu in Ethiopian restaurants sometimes

I thought the menu must have just had red cross ration packs hahaha

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
today i saw teff and i said to my co-worker robert "did you know we sell teff now?" and he said "no what is it" and i said "I dont know"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i went to this Jamacian place and there were 2 dishes, jerk chicken $15 and vegetarian $10

there were rolling papers near the cash register, people were walking out because theyd been there 30minutes without getting served, the menu was litterally the chalkboard that they eventually brought to show the two dishes.

The jerk chicken was 3 chicken wings with a cup of rice and kidney beans and some vegatables in gravy. The vegetarian was the same thing without the chicken wings

Im just thinking its in the part of town where it could probably have been some art thing

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

I went to a Jamaican place in Brooklyn that was doing cracking high volume business out of their steam tables, you paid by weight at the front and then they gave you a plastic fork and you ate. Everything in there smelled of decaying human flesh. Then I realized what was actually going on was that I had just spent eight hours in the Brooklyn morgue helping the medical examiner do autopsies by shuttling the organs of the dead from their bodies to the scales and back in my gloved hands.

That'll definitely do it to ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

The bodies do not smell that bad until they zipper open the guts

The guts of dead men stink

ive cut up herbivores and thats a bad smell. definitely on the top 2 bad smells. I bet humans are pretty bad.

• Locked thread