Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

so, recently I found myself in a 4 day program for "at risk" alcoholics. now that ii completed the short dry out period i find myself drinking as much as ever and waking up in random yards and poo poo as usual. what should I do .
gooonsz?

Why can't you smoke weed instead ? Being high is 200% better than being drunk, and there's no hangover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How can someone even get hooked on alcohol ? You have to drink so much! The hangovers themselves are a natural break on your drinking.

The horrible migraine the next day would make me not want to drink for several days.

It's like hearing that someone got addicted to huffing gasoline.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

noctambulous nebab posted:

Not an alcoholic but you can get used to hangovers if you really want to.

That's the thing though, why got through all that work just for that alcohol "high" ? Being drunk is not my favorite feeling so I guess I never understood someone actually looking forward to it.

Alcohol is something you do when there's nothing better around. Like eating McDonald's if you're rally hungry and there's not a better option, but to say "I can't wait to get some McDonals" is so lame

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

doverhog posted:

A serious drinker will start his day with a morning beer or maybe a real breakfast like a Bloody Mary if feeling fancy. The hangover is your cue to drink more, certainly not a break.

I guess I should feel lucky that I have such a lovely time after I get drunk then. Kept me from going down that rabbit hole. I still smoke a lot of weed though

I just look for the best high vs. damage to my body - and that's how you choose your consciousness altering substance.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

TheShazbot posted:

that's why I drink. my personality is boring af unless you want to talk about dumb nerd poo poo or chemistry

you know chemistry ? you could make a lot of interesting and fun RC's

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

paul_soccer10 posted:

i banged a really fat girl last night

You couldn't tell because of the burka ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

every hear of acetaminophen buddy??? just cruise right through that hangover.

And give my poor liver another devastating blow ?! No way . aspirin or NSAIDs all the way

• Locked thread