Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wit
Jul 26, 2011

Iron Prince posted:

so, recently I found myself in a 4 day program for "at risk" alcoholics. now that ii completed the short dry out period i find myself drinking as much as ever and waking up in random yards and poo poo as usual. what should I do .
gooonsz?

At least you're getting out and about. What was your longest stint of not drinking? What was the lovely excuse you told yourself? My last one was "its visibly inconveniencing the bar staff to have to keep going to the store for more of this lovely non-alcoholic beer." What were the yards like?

e:i am bad at typing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Ibogaine posted:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with being a functioning alcoholic, but if you're really waking up in alleys and stuff, you might want to start out with drinking at home. It's easier to post in GBS that way, too.

Seriously, though, if really want to stop, I think the first thing you should do is go and see a doctor. He can examine you and help you find a workable solution.

Functional alcoholism is bad because instead of just being an obvious wino who might sober up after a binge, you're someone who has alcohol as their blood type. Then you get to the fairly rare situation where you're fine and dandy on the outside, but have built up the scary as gently caress physical addiction so a bottle of jack is your insulin and if you skip your topup, you'll possibly die and almost nobody will know what the hells wrong with you.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Decebal posted:

That's the thing though, why got through all that work just for that alcohol "high" ? Being drunk is not my favorite feeling so I guess I never understood someone actually looking forward to it.

Alcohol is something you do when there's nothing better around. Like eating McDonald's if you're rally hungry and there's not a better option, but to say "I can't wait to get some McDonals" is so lame
Its exactly as retarded as you're describing, except if mcdonalds made music sound better and people easier to talk to because you're a shy person who is probably a narcissist afraid of failure when sober. And I think that nails most drunks. Mostly it covers up all the crap the e/n people gnash their teeth over but digs the well much quicker because of your retard strength. In short, it is a magical liquid that so few of you use to its full potential. Great secrets await. I bet you'd never even look at another mans yard, let alone choose it as your sleeping ground.

• Locked thread