Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
hey Iron Prince its your buddy JiveHonky, I went through a really dark time in my life after my 1st wife and I got divorced. I was living by myself in a little apartment in Glendale and I was lonely and heartbroken. I started drinking a lot to deal with my emotional problems. Some nights I would get super drunk and wander around the streets doing random weird stuff like I stole a kids bike out of someones yard and rode it around for a while and then tossed into another persons yard, another time someone had left their garage open and i stole a bag of old remote controls. Sometimes I would walk to a nearby shopping center and throw shopping carts around.

But thats not the worst of it, sometimes i would get in my car and go for a drive. This was extremely dangerous and I am lucky i didnt kill someone or myself. It was stupid and reckless and I will never do it again but at the time I just didnt care what happened to me.

My sister got worried about me and moved out west to keep an eye on me and since then I have almost stopped drinking completely and I'm a real lightweight so even if I do drink its like 1 or 2 beers and i'm done.

A long trip just to say being drunk isnt worth it. You dont need the booze, you need to work on the thing about yourself that makes you want to drink and you'll be able to back off of it.

Sorry you are going through this, get help if you think you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread