Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:woop: It's that time of year again! :woop:

NETWORK UPFRONT THREADS
ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX - CW

SINGLE IMAGE SCHEDULES
Sun - Mon - Tues - Wed - Thurs - Fri

http://i.imgur.com/0Lcas0D.jpg

(New shows in the schedule link to their official trailers. Single image schedules added!)

What's your prediction for first canceled show of the 2016-2017 season?

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

CBS SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER AFTER FOOTBALL:

ADDITIONAL NEW SHOWS:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 21, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

SERIES DEATHWATCH

...Nothing yet!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 11, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is Fox really just throwing away that last half hour on Sunday night? Unless Last Man on Earth got their episode count cut shouldn't it be in that slot?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Is Fox really just throwing away that last half hour on Sunday night? Unless Last Man on Earth got their episode count cut shouldn't it be in that slot?

I think its a flex space for now because of football? Last Man on Earth starts after football.

edit: First schedule change goes to FOX - switching new show Pitch into old show Bones' Thursday night slot in the fall. Bones' final season will debut in the spring.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 21, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it's safe enough to go ahead and slot Son of Zorn, Imaginary Mary, and Downward Dog into the death slot. The concepts are so crazy I can't see them making it. Then again I never though Last Man on Earth would make it six episodes. Though again to be fair I figured it was a literal one man show at that time.

Shows I'm excited to check out: Frequency, Lethal Weapon, Exorcist, Pitch, Making History, Timeless, Training Day, Speechless, Designated Survivor, Prison Break, 24, The Mick, and maybe Taken because Clive Standen is awesome on Vikings.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 21, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I have to nominate MacGyver and Time After Time for the deathwatch - MacGyver I just don't think can survive without someone equal to Richard Dean Anderson in the lead role, and there is no equal to RDA. It's doomed. Time After Time is probably going to be adequate/good, perform fair to middling in the ratings, and be canceled just like Forever was. I guess it depends on how serialized it is, or if it's going to be a procedural where HG Wells solves crimes in the future/past.

edit: I'll also accept returning shows for the deathwatch list. Once we get a couple votes for a show I'll slap their graphic in the list, and if it gets canned I'll stamp it with a big red CANCELED.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Put ALL my money down early for Lethal Weapon & Training Day on the death watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god. Watch the trailer for Kevin Can Wait and see if you can keep yourself from gagging.

Pure Genius is the most sappy, bullshittery trailer. Like, holy poo poo they went and found the most irritating guy they could possibly find for the lead role and even gave him the "And Introducing..." tag in the trailer.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 22, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rhyno posted:

Oh my god. Watch the trailer for Kevin Can Wait and see if you can keep yourself from gagging.ting guy they could possibly find for the lead role and even gave him the "And Introducing..." tag in the trailer.

I got about ten seconds in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Oh my god. Watch the trailer for Kevin Can Wait and see if you can keep yourself from gagging.

Pure Genius is the most sappy, bullshittery trailer. Like, holy poo poo they went and found the most irritating guy they could possibly find for the lead role and even gave him the "And Introducing..." tag in the trailer.

It sounds like that's not his real voice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm going to personally kill everyone involved with creating that show title.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Any chance on putting together a cable fall lineup thread too? Or a link to somewhere that lists what's debuting/returning on non-network TV?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Any chance on putting together a cable fall lineup thread too? Or a link to somewhere that lists what's debuting/returning on non-network TV?

I've thought about it, but it would be pretty time consuming. Also, there are a zillion scripted cable shows. Which ones make the cut? Do I just focus on a certain group of channels (premium channels, TNT, USA, SYFY, FX, AMC, ??).

I could probably make up something focusing on just the most popular cable channels.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, not every channel obviously. Popular cable and premium would be good ones. But again, if there's anywhere that already has that information, don't go out of your way to put it together.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There is no point in killing yourself over it to make pretty graphics with so many channels and show, especially when sites like Futon Critic do a job that's good enough and keep up with the changes

http://thefutoncritic.com/guide/fall-2016-grid/

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
If MacGyver wasn't on CBS I would be money it wouldn't make it to air.

It's on Fridays at 8pm. That's death anymore for dumb reasons.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I'm still surprised that Hawaii Five-0 is still on the air and when's Powerless going to be on?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe they haven't said, just "midseason."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to dibs making a thread for The Good Place, unless there's someone else who really wanted to.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788703

Arrow thread made.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Is Bobs Burgers missing from sunday nights on fox?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

hollylolly posted:

Time After Time for the deathwatch - ... Time After Time is probably going to be adequate/good, perform fair to middling in the ratings, and be canceled just like Forever was. I guess it depends on how serialized it is, or if it's going to be a procedural where HG Wells solves crimes in the future/past.

Pretty much this. If its an 'HG Wells solves crimes every week in NYC with his attractive local + 30 seconds of over arching seasonal plot' it deserves to die.

I'm certain this is what is going to happen.

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl

Ohtsam posted:

Is Bobs Burgers missing from sunday nights on fox?

It'll have the 7:30 PM slot, unless I am mistaken. So it just doesn't make the graphic cut, but it starts Sept 25 with the rest of the Sunday night lineup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep that's what my TV guide is saying too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
There is no loving way Son of Zorn makes it six episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

There is no loving way Son of Zorn makes it six episodes.

They'll probably air everything they have made just because of the expense. As for the show itself, I liked it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Son of Zorn was so painful to watch.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I made a Speechless thread with a lot of totally unnecessary information in it.

The last show I cared about enough to write an OP for was Sons of Anarchy S2. :smithicide:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I made it 30 seconds into Kevin Can Wait. Where's my prize?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I made it 30 seconds into Kevin Can Wait. Where's my prize?

Not watching 31 seconds.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Slamhound posted:

Not watching 31 seconds.

I'll take it.

God drat, CBS, what the gently caress?

More stupid people in a stupid generic sitcom.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I laughed at Kevin Can Wait, I like when Kevin James falls down, and I thought most of the Chale character was funny.

Rosewood had very very bad ratings without Empire. Pitch was also pretty low, but it might have a chance based on the critical acclaim and maybe blaming Rosewood as a lead in.

Grey's Anatomy is somehow still accumulating viewers in season 13. Shondaland is eternal. 26 seasons and a movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pet Rock Band posted:

I laughed at Kevin Can Wait,

This is bad and you should feel bad.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't see this thread until today but feel free to join us for episode 2 tonight in the Scream Queens Season Two thread!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I guess I claimed Westworld last year when it was supposed to premiere, I just updated the op so it looks acceptable now

Does TVIV do stickies on air dates?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Professor Shark posted:

Does TVIV do stickies on air dates?

I think you can PM a Mod and they'll do it for you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Made a Frequency thread for Wednesday's premiere.

Also made a No Tomorrow thread.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 3, 2016

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Didn't see one, so I made a thread for The Exorcist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Still enjoying Lethal Weapon. Is there a thread for it?

• Locked thread