Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
All games with the F2P tag need to be moved to TCC, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Echophonic posted:

I changed mine to one of Shadow's lines and I'll probably do the same if I change leaders.

I just got a dupe Shadow. The right way to do it is to hold onto and use both, right? Build up Trust and then merge them?

Also, what the heck is Star Quartz for?

With dupes that you don't plan to use in your party the best thing to do is put them in your trust farming parties. When you feed dupes it gives their trust +5% IIRC. Though I'm not sure if you can get duplicate trust bonuses or what. IIRC when Lightning came out in Japan one of the game-breaking gimmicks was to load her up with tons of Two-handed passives which made her do obscene damage with one of her abilities. Maybe that's just for abilities because I'm sure people can't get multiple excaliburs or other kickass items that way.

Neurolimal posted:

So is the roster entirely Final Fantasy characters, or do they toss in a few from their other games as well?

What I'm saying is that I want Brave Fencer Musashi as my leader.

They make their own Brave Exvius characters but Japan also had Karl/Seria/Tilith from Brave Frontier at one point and from what I recall Tilith was a stupidly powerful healer once you got her to 5* and leveled. Though who knows if/when those units will get their 6* forms in this game since Gumi's... well if you've played BF you understand how their character development can go.

CaptainScraps posted:

Now I'm dreaming of a suikoden gacha game.

I'm kinda glad Konami's run by pachinko-loving idiots otherwise they'd have made one of these by now and it'd probably have ended up some low budget eyesore like the Breath of Fire mobile game and I'd probably still play it.

Though knowing Konami they'd probably set it in the Tierkreis or PSP game's setting and not 1-5's actual neat world.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tier list where?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zotix posted:

Tier list where?

quote:

"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD
Noteworthy: Firion | Garland | Terra | Roselia
Useful: Cyan | Miyuki | Edgar | Shantotto | Krile | Vivi
Good TM: Zidane | Bartz | Luna | Cecil [...]

5☆ GL -> 6☆ JP: Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD
4☆ GL -> 5☆ JP: Krile | Kain | Rydia | Galuf

Vaan for the earliest access to Full Break (single target -30% ATK/MAG/DEF/MDEF), Exdeath/Bartz/Cecil/CoD for their eventual abilities at 6*.

The rest on that list will do you fine for a while until you get more lapis/event summon tickets and when the power creep units start coming out. This is purely for first roll / rerolling purposes, I wouldn't bother pulling anything beyond the first since we don't have a bonus rate up banner right now.

As for free units, you'd probably want to be on the lookout for Rizer (for the earliest Power Break), Anastasis (only free unit with Cura), and Biggs (best free unit for poisoning with Bio Blaster).

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
Pulled a Kain hope that's good. ID is 180,156,530

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Game won't run on my Galaxy Note 2. Maybe something to do with it being rooted? I was able to install it fine and was able to create a game ID. Looks like to me I'm being blocked due to it being rooted. Probably for the best if the only way to play this game is linking to facebook.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh, my game ID is 541,329,988. Got a Terra and Firion! Two questions:

1. Why is Terra good? She is only a 3* and seems okay. Or is there a better version of her?

2. Is the early bird pack good value? Tempted to buy it with google opinion fakemoney.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 24, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007

ijii posted:

Game won't run on my Galaxy Note 2. Maybe something to do with it being rooted? I was able to install it fine and was able to create a game ID. Looks like to me I'm being blocked due to it being rooted. Probably for the best if the only way to play this game is linking to facebook.

Linking to Facebook is not required. It's just this game's method of saving your game data in case anything happens. I'm playing the game on Nox emulator and haven't linked anything.

Dragongem posted:

Oh, my game ID is 541,329,988. Got a Terra and Firion! Two questions:

1. Why is Terra good? She is only a 3* and seems okay. Or is there a better version of her?

2. Is the early bird pack good value? Tempted to buy it with google opinion fakemoney.

1. Terra at 5* is one of the few units to naturally learn the Raise spell. Phoenix Downs are a rare item in this game so having someone with Raise is useful for hard fights or long Exploration dungeons. Your Terra is 3* right now but you can awaken her to 5* (assuming you're talking about regular Terra and not Magitek Terra, but I don't even think that version is in our client just yet).

2. When you compare it to the normal cost of buying lapis it's definitely a good price. Your call if you want to buy it. I would've bought it but my payment options were being rejected since I don't live in Sweden and didn't have any Google credit on my account.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 24, 2016

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

ijii posted:

Unfortunately, it works when rooted (mine is rooted for ad blocking amongst other things) and doesn't need Facebook unless you're device-hopping.

(Source: I don't have a Facebook account, and use Cydia's Root Cloak Plus).

I may develop piles at this rate.

vvv Yeah, can't help there. I got the root cloak straight off the play store with no fuss, but if you're a few versions behind I don't know what'll help you.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 24, 2016

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Looks like due to me having Android 4.4, I have to install 3 apps, 1 which is banned from the play store. Not worth the effort :(

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I managed to roll a 4* Clyde and he seems pretty good. Has Cura so I was able to swap out my Leah for Kuja.

Also, why are Biggs and Wedge sought after? I got Biggs but he's a 2* Compared to the rest of the 3*'s I have.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a list of enemies worth stealing from? I got the 2* thief from the Friend Summon.

Also, how juiced do you have to be to take on the Advanced dailies? I tried the ADV Exp one the other day and got rolled.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

m.hache posted:

I managed to roll a 4* Clyde and he seems pretty good. Has Cura so I was able to swap out my Leah for Kuja.

Also, why are Biggs and Wedge sought after? I got Biggs but he's a 2* Compared to the rest of the 3*'s I have.

I dunno but I pulled both Biggs (who should be 3*??? Mine is) and Wedge on my first set of friend summons. Maybe cause they're cool? Iunno.

^RE: ADV dailies. Yeah, it seems like a huge step up. Beginner to Intermediate was nothing, but advance wrecked me.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
ADV dailies wasn't much of problem with multiple AOEs. I think as soon as I got 2 firas and auto bowgun rolling?

I was gonna hold off until actual release to do the friendlist cleaning but I can help out with my lead. I waffle between Edgar and Vivi. Both are maxed. Chainsaw and double black magic crushes most things.

Choom: 434,054,741
Have a goony message so I know you're a goon.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

. . . well, I was finally going to get around to posting my Code but apparently all my files vanished into thin loving air. So that's good.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

LornMarkus posted:

. . . well, I was finally going to get around to posting my Code but apparently all my files vanished into thin loving air. So that's good.

Well gently caress mine is gone too. Reset before they go live?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

m.hache posted:

I think something's wrong with the dev in general cause I'm playing Phantom of the Kill too and it refuses to actually load for me.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Echophonic posted:

Is there a list of enemies worth stealing from? I got the 2* thief from the Friend Summon.

Also, how juiced do you have to be to take on the Advanced dailies? I tried the ADV Exp one the other day and got rolled.

Mainly colliseum dudes, you can get awakening mats there for "free" much easier then you can from the vortex. Like Heaven's Ash comes from most of the dudes in C block.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

m.hache posted:

Mine is still here :shrug:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

thehoodie posted:

I dunno but I pulled both Biggs (who should be 3*??? Mine is) and Wedge on my first set of friend summons. Maybe cause they're cool? Iunno.

^RE: ADV dailies. Yeah, it seems like a huge step up. Beginner to Intermediate was nothing, but advance wrecked me.

Biggs and Wedge can appear as 2* or 3*. If you get a 2* you just have to awaken him to 3*. Wedge has some nice elemental attacks, but Biggs is the one people want since he learns Bio Blaster (aoe damage with 50% poison).

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Mine is still here :shrug:

Well, I recognize your name though I don't recall if you were a Pending Friend or an Actual one. But think you could double check your listings for a "Fenice" that has Shadow as their character? If that's still there then my account still exists, at least.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You're still on my list.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
This looks like it could be fun!

I just added everyone from the thread. My friend code is 418,673,503.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

There we go, don't know what the gently caress happened there. Anyways, my code is 158,829,398 though I've already sent a request to almost everyone who posted their code in the thread.

Edit: Oh yeah, speaking of Biggs, it was the non Magitech version of him you wanted, right? All the same, does anyone know where the hell I can get a gun weapon? I've yet to find one in any of the shops and he's kind of terrible without one.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 24, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You get one from a quest in the capital in the gunsmith. Check out the kongbokpao wiki for more info on it. It's not very hard.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

You get one from a quest in the capital in the gunsmith. Check out the kongbokpao wiki for more info on it. It's not very hard.

Thanks, I wasn't aware there was any sort of informational source up for the game already.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

499,196,015 I need friends!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sweet, looks like we're getting a cactuar event for XP materials this weekend and the illustrious General Leo on Friday. Heck yeah.

I'm looking forward to cactuars because I pulled a 4* Vivi. I was excited, then I realized he didn't get any AoE spells until like 32 and he takes forever to level. At least I can use Eddain's somehow maxed out one to cheese the ADV Exp daily.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 24, 2016

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Going to add some friends tonight from this thread. Currently rocking a 5 star Garland as less, working on getting my Vaan up.

My code is 964,231,786

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh yeah, reminder to change what you're asking your friends for. Just tap the icon next to your leader. I think Friend Points are a good general pick, but if you need crysts, you can get them there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I've done some rerolling and I've actually pulled a 4* unit (sabin :downs:) before pulling anything that caps at 5 stars. I haven't rerolled a bunch but it's still annoying as hell considering my initial pulls in Japan were Rozelia(?) and Vaan.

LornMarkus posted:

I think something's wrong with the dev in general cause I'm playing Phantom of the Kill too and it refuses to actually load for me.

Welcome to Gumi, please enjoy your stay.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

deathbagel posted:

499,196,015 I need friends!

It seems you've hit your friend list max.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Pulled a Terra and was tired of rerolling so I went with it. Bought the $4 pack right off the bat, and pulled a Vaan. Time to loving go boys.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just pulled a shantoto :toot:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Why does the game continuosly need to reconnect to google play games when the screen goes off? That's getting annoying quickly.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Awakening daily is a lot easier than the Experience one, apparently. Still nothing to steal, though. :(

Pulled two of the 3* Green Mage in a row from the friend summon. Can't help but feel like he'll be useful.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Echophonic posted:

The Awakening daily is a lot easier than the Experience one, apparently. Still nothing to steal, though. :(

Pulled two of the 3* Green Mage in a row from the friend summon. Can't help but feel like he'll be useful.

All of the dailies are easier than ADV Experience. It's mostly those elemental crystals that spam magic and have high physical defense that makes ADV Experience annoying.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Eddain posted:

All of the dailies are easier than ADV Experience. It's mostly those elemental crystals that spam magic and have high physical defense that makes ADV Experience annoying.

Thanks for your Vivi, by the way. He was the one that let me plow through that one despite them.

I was a little annoyed that my initial draw was just a three-star Shadow (I like him, but there are other characters I'd rather have) but then I bought that package today and the two tickets out of it drew me a three-Star Vivi and Krile so I'm a lot happier now.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Zotix posted:

Why does the game continuosly need to reconnect to google play games when the screen goes off? That's getting annoying quickly.

Not only that but I just discovered it grabbed the wrong Google account on my device and I don't know how to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got a good unit, Exdeath. He goes up to 5 stars currently and he's got a 6 star form in Japan and it gets a W-Magic, which lets him fire two black magic spells in a single round. His 6 star form also gets Meteor. :black101:

Since I got his 4 star form he all gets the -ga spells at level 26 (his 3 star form is kinda weak). The freebie xp cactuar put him to level 19, so close.

My friend code is 155,948,655

e: If there isn't a friend spreadsheet we should probably make one. It's very handy for finding goon friends with leads you like.
e2: I'm dumb it's lvl 26 for the -ga spells.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 25, 2016

• Locked thread