Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Andy are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

What's with the pro-Nole crowd? This clearly isn't the usual Roland Garros people.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I think Djokovic gained a lot of fans there after last year. The French fans seem to love people if they keep losing year after year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Murray looks completely gassed. So many stupid mistakes.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
What in the gently caress. Just shake hands already if you're gonna mope around like this.

And stop cheering for djoker. He's the villain you fools

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

I think Djokovic gained a lot of fans there after last year. The French fans seem to love people if they keep losing year after year.

No they don't. They like French people and booing things.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Why do goons hate Djoker so much? What is wrong with amazball tennis man do amazball things with tennis balls? I want him to win a calendar slam.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hermsgervørden posted:

Why do goons hate Djoker so much? What is wrong with amazball tennis man do amazball things with tennis balls? I want him to win a calendar slam.
don't say amazball please

Djokovic is on gear and is a robot, but is good at Tennis

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hermsgervørden posted:

he's a massive cheat just like nadal

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Jose posted:

yes but gluten free diet you see........

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

It's funny to watch these guys who aren't good on clay play like they're on loving hard court

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

the spirit of EPO will not be buried with nadal at roland garros

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Jose posted:

Just lol if you think any of the top men are at all clean.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

It's funny to watch these guys who aren't good at playing clay at all play this like they're on loving hard court

i understand why the court changes happened but its made winning them all far less an impressive achievement

Hermsgervørden posted:

Just lol if you think any of the top men are at all clean.

I don't but with djokovic it got rubbed in your face a bit once he started winning it was the gluten free diet

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Andy sucks

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this dude is an absolute joke get the gently caress out andy

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

It's the sort of final this lovely tournament deserved.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Djokovic just seems to have that extra gear that other players can't match.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

It's the sort of final this lovely tournament deserved.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

Djokovic just seems to have that extra gear that other players can't match.
I guess, Andy Murray having no courage or mental fortitude also has a lot to do with it.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Has Murray starting grabbing random body parts yet when he loses points?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

murray needs del potro to recover to tire djokovic out in a semi final so he can beat him again

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it sucks that we went from federer nadal to this in the past five years

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

it sucks that we went from federer nadal to this in the past five years

Djokovic since the start of 2015 has played the best tennis I've ever seen. He's a better player now than Federer was at his peak imho.

He's still a playacting drug cheat with a fake personality though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

Djokovic since the start of 2015 has played the best tennis I've ever seen. He's a better player now than Federer was at his peak imho.
I would choose to watch two people marginally worse but evenly matched players over Djokovic bludgeoning the b-list every time

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

In other news del Po and Federer are playing in Stuttgart next week.

The men's side of tennis is weak, Federer and Nadal are at the end of their careers and after that there is nothing but chumps. The other problem, of course, is Murray being unable to consistently beat Djokovic.

(and women are just inconsistent.)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

He's still a playacting drug cheat with a fake personality though.

federer had some actual competition to make it hard

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i like andy murray and wish he would stop losing all the time

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Jose posted:

federer had some actual competition to make it hard

Federer played in grand slam finals against such luminaries as Federico Gonzales, Marcos Baghdatis and Mark Philippousis. Murray is a better player than Hewitt and Roddick were when they were Federer's best opponents in his 2003-2007 prime.

e: Murray has made 10 grand slam finals and played all of them against either Federer or Djokovic, the best player ever and perhaps someone on the way to becoming the best ever, which is a bit unfortunate for him I'd say.

Not that he deserves to win today, he hasn't served well enough after the first set. Djokovic has been near perfect though.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 5, 2016

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Nobody has mental fortitude against djokovic. Roger also melts down in the same way.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I was going to make a gluten free joke but remembered Murray actually tried that for five minutes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

Federer played in grand slam finals against such luminaries as Federico Gonzales, Marcos Baghdatis and Mark Philippousis. Murray is a better player than Hewitt and Roddick were when they were Federer's best opponents in his 2003-2007 prime.

e: Murray has made 10 grand slam finals and played all of them against either Federer or Djokovic, the best player ever and perhaps someone on the way to becoming the best ever, which is a bit unfortunate for him I'd say.

the fairly recent changes to the courts make best ever not really mean anything. they're so different now even compared to just when sampras and agassi played

thats a bad run for murray though for sure

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:sigh:

Grass season here we go!

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Jose posted:

the fairly recent changes to the courts make best ever not really mean anything. they're so different now even compared to just when sampras and agassi played

thats a bad run for murray though for sure

I remember when there were fast hard and grass courts, and carpet indoor.....fun times.

Sodium Chloride posted:

I was going to make a gluten free joke but remembered Murray actually tried that for five minutes.

I'm on a gluten free diet but it hasn't turned me into an untiring athlete :smith:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Djokovic was great after the first set; Murray looked drained most of the time, probably more mentally than physically, and his serve was terrible. I hope he gets another major eventually. :smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

charismaslover posted:

yes but gluten free diet you see........
Worst part? I bet he actually eats a lot of gluten.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

It's funny to watch these guys who aren't good on clay play like they're on loving hard court

This.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
If it wasn't for Djokovic, Murray would have 8 Grand Slams, including THE Grand Slam, and would be rightly regarded as one of the all time greats.

I like Murray a lot. So that sucks. But it's also kind of hilarious. Like when they include Murray in the Big Four when he's spent 90% of the time getting his rear end handed to him in Finals by the other three.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

don't say amazball please

Djokovic is on gear and is a robot, but is good at Tennis

2016 French Open Tennis: Andy Murray Assaulted Zealously By A Living Legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey