Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

You are suffering. Your people are suffering. Hunger, disease, war, capitalism, cruelty, -isms, loneliness. Your children cry out for salvation. And we came. We will end your suffering. We will protect you. No one will ever hurt you again, we promise.

How is that not the good guys? Oh they take away your freedom? Yeah, the fireman take away your freedom to be on fire too, but they are still the good guys.

To extend your fireman metaphor, they come whether your whole house is on fire or you just lit your stove for some heat, and fight the fire just as aggressively in both situations. And when you scream at them to stop destroying your home and let you go in the latter, they reply "I don't understand why you're upset? We're just putting out a fire, that's what good firemen do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endless Trash posted:

Humans are a Vulcan foster fail.

“We found these dirty hungry humans who could barely put a warp core together…we said we were just gonna give them some food and tech and hopefully some other species would take them in but they were so adorably illogical that we broke down and made a Federation with them.”

You are an illogical animal. I have just let you inside, why do you wish to leave the domicile already?

Very well; We shall go for a 'walk'.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I always forget that tellarites are one of the founding federation members. Like what the heck is a tellarite.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is pigman

pigma dengar

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mx. posted:

I always forget that tellarites are one of the founding federation members. Like what the heck is a tellarite.

It's a slightly strained linguistic construct that encompasses both satellarites and stellarites don't worry, it's a yugioh joke

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Mx. posted:

Best BBQ in the Quadrant!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mx. posted:

The opposite of the tellawrongs

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Of course Neelix would break the ship by fermenting weird stuff. Of course.

naem
May 29, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

You are suffering. Your people are suffering. Hunger, disease, war, capitalism, cruelty, -isms, loneliness. Your children cry out for salvation. And we came. We will end your suffering. We will protect you. No one will ever hurt you again, we promise.

How is that not the good guys? Oh they take away your freedom? Yeah, the fireman take away your freedom to be on fire too, but they are still the good guys.

“I would never join the borg I love freedom!!” I say as I sit in my beige cube in a beige office, typing numbers by the flickering green light of a spreadsheet

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the borg are one end path of the unicode consortium

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

“I would never join the borg I love freedom!!” I say as I sit in my beige cube in a beige office, typing numbers by the flickering green light of a spreadsheet

You've been down that path, Neo....

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chakotay must have been a real whack dude to be under the command of.

"Hey, I saw some of the crew being intimate, better try and get the captain to regulate fuckin' on board"

Edit: Forgot how much of a giant rear end in a top hat Neelix is. His makeup also makes him look way more like a rodent in season 2. Dude looks real methy.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 25, 2024

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Voyager is at least 50% bad. Plots feel recycled and uninspired. Janeway is petty good but Chakotay sucks, Neelix sucks, Kess sucks but is gone pretty quickly.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Yeah but its all worth it because of the Doctor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Usually Chakotay is just kind of chilling

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Yeah but its all worth it because of the Doctor.

He's the only thing good about that crappy show

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Tuvok is great too and yes, Neelix sucks but he is great as a foil for Tuvok. From the start, when Tuvok tastes leola root and spits it out or grimaces, it's good back and forth. Contrast that with Tuvok and 7 for example. What good moments are there? Basically none because in part they are such similar characters.

S1 super jealous Neelix is terrible. As time goes on he just becomes annoying. My 10 yo daughter uses him as an insult, "you're a Neelix". I made some tomato soup she didn't like which became talaxian tomato. I don't mind chill Chakotay but Native Chakotay is awkward.

To me Voyager parts are better than the whole. Some of the episodes are as good as the best from TNG. As a whole there's a lot of story mistakes made and crappy episodes.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

davidspackage posted:

He's the only thing good about that crappy show

robert-picardo-at-convention-looks-at-you-with-distaste.jpg

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Regular Wario posted:

the borg are one end path of the unicode consortium

The Unicode consortium runs from no one.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Robert Duncan MacNeil is a legit bad actor. gently caress. Who's cousin is he to get on this show?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the borg actually have vibrant inner lives. the federation just couldn’t figure it out because they forgot how to speak emoji 🤖➕👩‍🚀🚫🟰🧟‍♀️, 🤖➕👩‍🚀🟰🧠🥳2️⃣4️⃣7️⃣, 🧠🍑➕🧠🍆➕🎉✖️🔟0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣🟰🥵👌

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I don't mind chill Chakotay but Native Chakotay is awkward.
Later chill Chakotay becomes hilarious when you know the backstory of how he wanted out of his contract.

Poor Garrett Wang, hanging on to his role by his fingernails and the deus ex machina of People magazine. Meanwhile, Beltran's like, "Maybe my character should be banging the hot blonde," and the writers' room is like, "Whatever you say, boss!" as the producers intently stare at them with thinly veiled threats in their eyes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No. 6 posted:

Voyager is at least 50% bad. Plots feel recycled and uninspired. Janeway is petty good but Chakotay sucks, Neelix sucks, Kess sucks but is gone pretty quickly.

When Kes gets her own A plot that isn't just part of someone else's A plot, I like her stuff.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

Later chill Chakotay becomes hilarious when you know the backstory of how he wanted out of his contract.

Poor Garrett Wang, hanging on to his role by his fingernails and the deus ex machina of People magazine. Meanwhile, Beltran's like, "Maybe my character should be banging the hot blonde," and the writers' room is like, "Whatever you say, boss!" as the producers intently stare at them with thinly veiled threats in their eyes.

Sure Robert! Oh but while we have you here…would you like to weigh in on the tombstone we should use for Chakotay’s grave in the finale?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Robert Picardo is awesome

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

You knew VOY was going to be problematic when the first two episode after the pilot were contrived time travel plots.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The fact that Star Trek contains a tellerite named Jenkem Pog is outstanding

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I didn’t see Beltran in anything post Voyager. To be fair didn’t see most of the rest of the cast either. But Id think he would be appreciative of the steady paycheck even if he didn’t love the show.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jeri Ryan had some good roles afterwards, as did Picardo. I'm blanking on the rest.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Neelix has been around. Avenue 5 and Better Call Saul immediately come to mind.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Roxann Dawson got more into directing. She's directed episodes in a lot of tv series. Foundation, House of Cards, Agents of SHIELD. Hell she's EP on 2 foundation episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

Jeri Ryan had some good roles afterwards, as did Picardo. I'm blanking on the rest.

Jeri Ryan did some Leverage when Gina Bellman had to take some time off. I think to have a baby?

Actually a bunch of Trek people are in Leverage here and there. Probably because Frakes directed a bunch of episodes.