Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
check out his book war of the worlds complete bullshit what the gently caress is a velocipede you gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

There was another episode where the Vulcan and the short, weird alien cook guy's personalities are fused into one person. That was a pretty good episode.

And as with all good episodes, it was undone at the end.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ahundredbux posted:

This was on at night and I've seen a handful of episodes for example when the doctor went down on some planet and had a wife even tho his a hologram or robot

Having a wife is fine, the confusing part was that he got her pregnant and had children

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Having a wife is fine, the confusing part was that he got her pregnant and had children

fukkin racist

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

criscodisco posted:

he was cucked

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
solid body chalky gonna come by and tell a god fearing lithogram how to raise his family

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
if you come inside the doctors butt can you see it from the outside since hes a hologram

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

if you come inside the doctors butt can you see it from the outside since hes a hologram

classic misconception it is stored in an auxiliary pouch for use as a high density fuel source

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Isaac posted:

ho come in the movie Hollow Man the inside of him is still there but the outside is invisible

his insides must be gone otherwise wouldn't he look like a big 'ol slim goodbody :confused:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

:unsmigghh:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Seven of Nine is hot and Robert Picardo is a great actor who played a great character in that show.

Speaking of Star Trek, I watched Enterprise and was surprised at how brutal they could be. "Eh, gently caress the whole planet. Let nature take it's course" and "He'll tell us when the airlock starts to open."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeri Ryan gave us Obama.

Also it was always pretty lol how Ensign Kim could never get ahead in life.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Microwaves Mom posted:

Deep Space 9 was better.

Watching that guy get his head caved in with a fire extinguisher in the movie "Irreversible" was better than watching Voyager.

Voyager had a shitload of potential, but B&B pretty much ruined if from the get-go with . . .

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Voyager was bad, but lets not forget ds9s black rights time travel bullshit epps. Partically the waaaa i wanna write scifi one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fist4jesus posted:

Voyager was bad, but lets not forget ds9s black rights time travel bullshit epps. Partically the waaaa i wanna write scifi one.

'Move Along Home' is another DS9 gem.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

fist4jesus posted:

DS9 fluctuated between real good and real bad

Voyager fluctuated between real mediocre and real bad

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

fist4jesus posted:

gently caress you, that's a great episode

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vakal posted:

I remember seeing the guy that played Neelix in some "creating stellar customer relationships" VHS tape we had to watch at work. No clue if that was pre or post Voyager.

TBF, before Voyager, that guy was a regular on "Benson" as the governor's dweebish press secretary.

Automatic Slim posted:

I also read that Beltran wanted to lead the show so he asked for some outrageous sum of money thinking the network would never pay it, which of course they did.

Dude, you can't be riding on being the titular character in cult classic Eating Raoul forever.

I'm Crap posted:

:agreed:

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
The Paris Kim friendship was well done, seemed genuine. I thought the show was OK at the time but reading these threads always reinforces how much better it could have been. Like someone said seeing the ship slowly have to integrate scraps of other tech etc, would have been cool. And yes there was so much cheese.

Obligatory 7 of 9''s rear end looked great in that tight suit.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
we need to make a definitive list of the greatest doctor episodes

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
How much long-lasting mental damage do you think would occur if you let Avery Brooks babysit your 3 year old for the day?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i made up lyrics to the voyager theme here goes

star trek voyager is the worst show ever
it's really dumb
it's stupid dumb
really dumb, it's bad

star trek voyager is star trek for retards
it really sucks
like really sucks, it's bad

it's really really really bad, oh it's bad
my god it's bad, it's so bad, so bad, so

star trek voyager is about to start now
so poo poo your pants
you stupid jerk, it's bad

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Blistex posted:

How much long-lasting mental damage do you think would occur if you let Avery Brooks babysit your 3 year old for the day?

Well, they would clearly have some hearing damage by the end of the day.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

I'm Crap posted:

Good acting but totally out of place. Its a loving space-scifi show. Self indulgent wank.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guess Michael Dorn's amazing idea of sending tens of thousands of muffins to CBS in order to try and get them to make 'Star Trek The Next Generation: The Worf Chronicles' didn't work out then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXsMCmlCwk

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

FIRST TIME posted:

I'd voyage her if you know what I mean! :q:

she looks like al gore

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

VectorSigma posted:

it's really dumb
it's stupid dumb
really dumb, it's bad

it really sucks

so poo poo your pants

it's true star trek is for idiot retards

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Blistex posted:

Voyager had a shitload of potential, but B&B pretty much ruined if from the get-go with . . .

People seem to have a real personal hate for Janeway because she didn't get the ship home (there might be some some sexism in there too though I can't be sure) but they ignore that it was just a TV show and the writers didn't want that to happen.

There's one story where another Starfleet ship is getting home somehow by murdering a race of weird aliens and fans' reaction was "Why can't you genocide the drat aliens, Janeway? loving bitch!"

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 22, 2016

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Bitter Mushroom posted:

we need to make a definitive list of the greatest doctor episodes

the one with Andy Dick

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The prime directive

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

it's really dumb
it's stupid dumb
really dumb, it's bad

it really sucks

so poo poo your pants

I made my own version with lyrics http://youtu.be/qFAiCB7YmmY

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Action Jacktion posted:

People seem to have a real personal hate for Janeway because she didn't get the ship home (there might be some some sexism in there too though I can't be sure) but they ignore that it was just a TV show and the writers didn't want that to happen.

There's one story where another Starfleet ship is getting home somehow by murdering a race of weird aliens and fans' reaction was "Why can't you genocide the drat aliens, Janeway? loving bitch!"

She's extremely inconsistent and the series as a whole is underwhelming, basically it looks like someone went "now we have a woman captain show we have to show how extra Tough and Decisive he is"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Action Jacktion posted:

I think that a lot of the hate was passed on to Janeway because that they almost literally reset the episodes and didn't even explore some of the concepts of being one ship on the other end of the galaxy. With the exception of replicator rationing, they never seemed to be facing shortages (save an episode or two) and they always upheld the Federation morals. It could have been a lot more interesting if the ship got progressively more and more damaged, but enhanced with different technology they picked up along the way. Maybe a whole month (4 episodes) of them being on the verge of losing their warp capabilities. They never addressed crew shortages, or lack of new torpedoes, or the fact that they tore through 50 shuttlecraft a season. Was there even more than 2 episodes that addressed that 1/2 the crew was Marquis?

The biggest problem was that they had to keep away from plot-arcs, (with a few 2-4 part episode exceptions) so the start of every episode was "fresh crew, new adventure". Also how were they in Kazon space for over a season? Should have been 3 episodes make if they actually used their warp drives.

p.s. Neelix hosed a 3 year old!

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

RVWinkle posted:

the one with Andy Dick

Possibly the best thing Andy Dick has ever been involved with, except that episode of Legit he was in.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Blistex posted:

p.s. Neelix hosed a 3 year old!

I bet janeway knew

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

I bet janeway knew

captain aatrek of the uss voyager

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Blistex posted:

Also how were they in Kazon space for over a season? Should have been 3 episodes make if they actually used their warp drives.

Also remember that WATER, WATER was a luxury item in that part of the delta quadrant.
They had warp drives that bent space, but no way to make one of the easiest poo poo in the universe.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
astronauts recycle piss today

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRkZPjIRX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004