Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The series should have ended with the hangings of half the crew for mutiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Holy crap, so many nerd's feelings for Nana Visitor wound up on kleenex.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

The series should have ended with the hangings of half the crew for mutiny

And limping home with one nacelle.

Honestly, that would have been a hell of season finale: they defeat some big bad almost unscathed when one of the nacelles explodes. Not "a few sparks and explosion sprites" and "the lights go off" explodes, I mean, "superstructure damage" "beyond repair" "irrevocably changes the SFX model for succeeding seasons" explodes.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Crowsbeak posted:

No one on that show attracted me. Now Hoshi on Enterprise. Also Ezri on DS9...

pretty sure 7-of-9 is solely responsible for my skintight clothing fetish. never watched ds9 but this ezri lady is pretty fine

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ezri is just super cute :3

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Bride of Chaotica! is probably one of the finest episodes of Star Trek ever made.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

angerbeet posted:

Bride of Chaotica! is probably one of the finest episodes of Star Trek ever made.

That was a fun one. Right there at the top behind the ds9 baseball episode.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
the season three episode that was an analogy for holocaust denial was pretty good. Roxann Dawson as Banana Torres knocked that one out of the park.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Ah, good, the Babylon 5 thread is back.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Typical Pubbie posted:

Ah, good, the Babylon 5 thread is back.

I saw 2 minutes of that a year ago while flipping channels. . . . it has not held up well at all.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They drink Zima on Babylon 5

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Blistex posted:

I saw 2 minutes of that a year ago while flipping channels. . . . it has not held up well at all.

reminder that b5 season budget was equal to one ST episode budget

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Then it should have been better and gotten a larger budget.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

reminder that b5 season budget was equal to one ST episode budget

B5 had roughly half of DS9's budget.

e:

quote:

Babylon 5 is filmed in widescreen (16:9) format, so that when HDTV arrives, the show can be remastered for full-screen video release. The extra picture space is just a bonus; directors compose scenes to fit entirely in the normal 4:3 aspect ratio of today's television, at the same time making sure that the edges of the picture can be included later on.

They went to all that effort to film the show in widescreen, but they couldn't afford to do any scenes with SFX in widescreen so they had to be shot in 4:3. This is why when you watch B5 now it looks fantastic when people are standing around talking but as soon as someone fires their pulse pistol it switches to 4:3, then back to 16:9, then back to 4:3 again, then back to 16:9, and so on. It looks horrendous and is physically painful to watch.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 23, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They should eat the spice in star trek imo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Computer, delete the wife

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
If anyone is reading this who has neither seen Voyager or DS9, and wants to watch both, I would strenuously urge you to watch Voyager first.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

bollig posted:

If anyone is reading this who has neither seen Voyager or DS9, and wants to watch both, I would strenuously urge you to watch Voyager first.

because it makes ds9 look like citizen kane in comparison

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

pretty sure 7-of-9 is solely responsible for my skintight clothing fetish. never watched ds9 but this ezri lady is pretty fine

please god remove catsuits from your plan for space opera

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Xander was pretty funny but let's get real Spike is bae

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
something about the makeup, lighting or something made every woman in voyager completely unattractive. even if you can see everything's in it's right place and you should find them attractive. nothing. might as well be looking at dogs

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

CabaretVoltaire posted:

something about the makeup, lighting or something made every woman in voyager completely unattractive. even if you can see everything's in it's right place and you should find them attractive. nothing. might as well be looking at dogs

Virginia Madsen was pretty hot.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
how come people didn't like the scott bacula one?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Luvcow posted:

There was singing in the theme song

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it got canceled just as it was getting decent and then it was all just a fat riker dream

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Luvcow posted:

There was only like one scene of Hoshi and T'Pol massaging salves and unguents into each other's supple underwear-clad and blacklit bodies.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VectorSigma posted:

it got canceled just as it was getting decent and then it was all just a fat riker dream

I liked the fat riker episode

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

VectorSigma posted:

Pretty much this. They were re-treading a shitload of left-over Voyager garbage with the holograms, the Borg, and other stuff right from the get-go. Also by the end of season II they went from "fledgling Earth ship" to "toughest mutherfuckers in space" because they just happened to get phasers and photon torpedoes and better shields in the span of a year. Enterprise was about 50-50 decent/garbage until the last season. The temporal cold war was loving stupid, and if they wanted a year-long arc, they should have just started something with the Romulans.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blistex posted:

Also by the end of season II they went from "fledgling Earth ship" to "toughest mutherfuckers in space" because 9/11 happened and America collectively lost its goddamn minds

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

It's true, the 90s really ended on 9/11

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blistex posted:

Pretty much this. They were re-treading a shitload of left-over Voyager garbage with the holograms, the Borg, and other stuff right from the get-go. Also by the end of season II they went from "fledgling Earth ship" to "toughest mutherfuckers in space" because they just happened to get phasers and photon torpedoes and better shields in the span of a year. Enterprise was about 50-50 decent/garbage until the last season. The temporal cold war was loving stupid, and if they wanted a year-long arc, they should have just started something with the Romulans.

I always felt that it just didn't feel right for the era. Like you have earth just starting interstellar travel after the discovery of the warp drive. I always felt that Captain Sam Beckett should have been more like a Victorian age adventurer, out to discover new things, but without a whole lot of rules, or direction.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
OK I am going to watch Voyager

everyone knows it's worse than DS9 but is it better or worse than TNG

I have a gut feeling it's gonna be worse

poo poo there's 7 seasons of this

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 23, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

OK I am going to watch Voyager

everyone knows it's worse than DS9 but is it better or worse than TNG

I have a gut feeling it's gonna be worse

It's better than ds9 and tng, take it from me, the op

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the presence of Furry Foot Fellow makes me feel like it's gonna be worse than TNG

I will find out if you're lying to me OP so just come clean right now

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

the presence of Furry Foot Fellow makes me feel like it's gonna be worse than TNG

I will find out if you're lying to me OP so just come clean right now

I am telling the truth and Neelix was the sleeper hit of the show, like Quark.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Also you'll love the Chariots of the Gods episode with Chakotay. I promise.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Voyager has many quality episodes

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Voyager has many quality episodes

Tuvix

Wormtongue is a murderer

Harry Kim destroyed the ship