Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They just never did much with her

At least with Seven they explored her character pretty thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

davidspackage posted:

That sounds exactly like the second season.

Is that the one with Michael's mom? Because yeah I was thinking it was extremely similar to that whole dumb rear end story too.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
How much of her departure was due to her personal struggles?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Kes worked better when she got to be a villain.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Scratch Monkey posted:

How much of her departure was due to her personal struggles?
I don’t think those really flared up until after she left Voyager

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

They shoulda axed neelix and kept kes

Though agree she was a better villain

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Episode idea: transporter accident leads to Keelix

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Scratch Monkey posted:

:aaa: :barf: :aaa:

what would slide out after her back sack hatches?!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can we use this opportunity to get rid of Neelix??

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Brawnfire posted:

I want a series where the Borg are on the crew. Straight up wandering around with green lasers and whirring arms in uniform

I made a big effort post earlier in the thread where I argued that this is exactly where the Borg character arc in TNG was leading. Then First Contact threw it all in the trash. Like if Undiscovered Country had been a movie about how those Klingons really are irredeemable after all and we need to strike now while they’re weak.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

galagazombie posted:

I made a big effort post earlier in the thread where I argued that this is exactly where the Borg character arc in TNG was leading. Then First Contact threw it all in the trash. Like if Undiscovered Country had been a movie about how those Klingons really are irredeemable after all and we need to strike now while they’re weak.

You could honestly do first contact with Klingons going back in time to attack earth and Kirk chasing them, with the Klingons taking over the Enterprise section by section after Kirk destroys their warbird. You wouldn't have to change much in the broad strokes, except for the character they tempted to betray would have to be someone Else for a different reason.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Harry and Kes should have been Tuvixed.

Karry? Hes? Ensign Kem?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I think Disco was the one years ago I watched the first ep and then noped out. The characters seemed too dumb and immature to be Startrek people. Also really militaristic, like one of those TNG eps where an alternate timeline Enterprise shows up and its a dystopic warship.

I could be misremembering, but the vibes stuck with me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd date a Spoonhead, just to piss off Dad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Renreeja posted:

I think Disco was the one years ago I watched the first ep and then noped out. The characters seemed too dumb and immature to be Startrek people. Also really militaristic, like one of those TNG eps where an alternate timeline Enterprise shows up and its a dystopic warship.

Maybe the latter half of the second episode, but in the first episode they are really hell-bent on diplomacy and Michael's trying to get them to shoot first is a betrayal of the captain which she gets stunned and imprisoned for.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

Can we use this opportunity to get rid of Neelix??

Janeway: "OK, now that the transporter has separated them, let's be very careful here and rematerialize them one at a time. Kes first."

Transporter chief: *Materializes Kes*

Janeway: "Excellent. Delete Neelix from the pattern buffer."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Janeway: "OK, now that the transporter has separated them, let's be very careful here and rematerialize them one at a time. Kes first."

Transporter chief: *Materializes Kes*

Janeway: "Excellent. Delete Neelix from the pattern buffer."

Sir?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Now listen to me very carefully because I'm only going to say this once ... Do it!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Now listen to me very carefully because I'm only going to say this once ... Do it!

*presses button

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know, I'm really easy to get along with... Most of the time. But I don't like bullies, I don't like threats, and I don't like you, mister

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Harry Kim *is an alternate version of his dead self, exists as a goo clone, talked to his future self who changed the timeline* "B'elanna, you silly bitch, the Klingon emblem on that hunk of metal didn't turn into blood, maybe you need to take a little nap."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

computer angel posted:

Harry Kim *is an alternate version of his dead self, exists as a goo clone, talked to his future self who changed the timeline* "B'elanna, you silly bitch, the Klingon emblem on that hunk of metal didn't turn into blood, maybe you need to take a little nap."

Starfleet is filled to the brim with Scullys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Starfleet is filled to the brim with Scullys

My Catholicism!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if someone on a starship sees something weird, but there's no evidence and no one else saw it, then it's pretty likely to be space madness. but that doesn't make for a very good episode, so the obvious hallucination usually turns out to be real. i presume that the time off-screen between episodes consists of constant cases of space madness.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if someone on a starship sees something weird, but there's no evidence and no one else saw it, then it's pretty likely to be space madness. but that doesn't make for a very good episode, so the obvious hallucination usually turns out to be real. i presume that the time off-screen between episodes consists of constant cases of space madness.

You'd think after decades of being in space and everyone seeing some real weird poo poo, they'd take space madness seriously. But they don't.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Like my husband says on the rare moment he watches over my shoulder "everyday it's something new with these assholes"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

someone once took space madness seriously but it turned out that was a case of space madness itself

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

someone once took space madness seriously but it turned out that was a case of space madness itself

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Easily one of the best jokes in the show's entire run. :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Renreeja posted:

You're correct but to be entirely fair there is a plot reason for that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Haven't watched Discovery since they did nipple tortures on a space bear thing and then ejected it out into space or something.

But had to look up these Breens UNMASKED and lol oh no:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hot Breen Helmetless Action!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure that's a very computationally impressive special effect

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

redshirt posted:

You'd think after decades of being in space and everyone seeing some real weird poo poo, they'd take space madness seriously. But they don't.
They're suffering from space rudeness.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Small Strange Bird posted:

They're suffering from space rudeness.

If we could all have space brunch in Pike's kitchen, all would be right with the galaxy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dabir posted:

I'm sure that's a very computationally impressive special effect

It only lasts for like a second, they solidify themselves when they take off their helmets.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
let me guess, theres a really elaborate sequence of the helmet folding itself away instead of it just taking the helmet off?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lmao, this show's gonna go down swinging in the "needlessly gently caress with the looks of previously established species" arena

With a lifetime achievement award in "loving with the look of something no one had even seen before"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mean, it's The Breen