Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I mean, it's The Breen

McSpanky posted:

With a lifetime achievement award in "loving with the look of something no one had even seen before"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One of my favorite late DS9 dynamics was Weyoun would poo poo talk the Cardassians, you'd get unintelligble Breen noises, and Weyoun would be all like 'Yes, yes, wise words friend". Meanwhile Damar's over there seething....

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure there was a Lego subtheme from the very end of of the 90's with minifigs that looked like that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

In their true forms, Breen were humanoids capable of surviving in multiple environments. They also had two faces: a solid state one, where their flesh-based skin is green; and a fluid state consisting of green transulcent fluid that the Breen thought of as their true face. While L'ak argued that both were part of their true form, being half of their nature, Primarch Ruhn claimed that the Breen had evolved past their more solid state and that taking on that form just made them weak.
It's a retread of changelings

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the breen have one of two forms dependent on the budgetary constraints of a given scene

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

more like the neil breen

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the breen have a 3rd form

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Trying posted:

the breen have one of two forms dependent on the budgetary constraints of a given scene

But... that's the benefit of having a species in a helmet in the first place!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, better they gently caress with the breen than an alien race that matters at all.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Regular Wario posted:

the breen have a 3rd form

Dude :nms: that poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tighclops posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a Lego subtheme from the very end of of the 90's with minifigs that looked like that

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least with Seven they explored her character pretty thoroughly

If by that you mean they stuffed here into various catsuits then yes.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

One of my favorite late DS9 dynamics was Weyoun would poo poo talk the Cardassians, you'd get unintelligble Breen noises, and Weyoun would be all like 'Yes, yes, wise words friend". Meanwhile Damar's over there seething....

*Breen noises* is a pretty good username

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tighclops posted:

Lego UFO? Both cool and somehow poo poo simultaneously? GIANT PRINTED HULL PIECES, HOPE YOU DON'T LIKE REUSING BRICKS FOR NEW BUILDS LMAO

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
So if Disco showed green does that mean everyone forgot what they looked like by TNG times?

Edit: oh right disco is in the “future” now

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Brawnfire posted:

Lego UFO? Both cool and somehow poo poo simultaneously? GIANT PRINTED HULL PIECES, HOPE YOU DON'T LIKE REUSING BRICKS FOR NEW BUILDS LMAO

That’s basically why I lost interest in LEGO for like 15 years.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

lmao no I think it was the one after that with the giant electronic stinger parts

I remember liking the UFO theme because the builds looked cool, but by then the golden age of Lego Space was clearly long over as evidenced by ancient Sears wish book catalogs at the time

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, better they gently caress with the breen than an alien race that matters at all.

They matter to me!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

They should’ve all looked like Carrie Fisher underneath the helmets

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Endless Trash posted:

They should’ve all looked like Carrie Fisher underneath the helmets

I am furious, I was scrolling to the end to say exactly this

naem
May 29, 2011

I get that he is a space alien on the show with forehead crinckles but, does he do his eye shadow like that like on purpose?

why would he put on the eye shadow that day if he’s trying to fit in

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

naem posted:

I get that he is a space alien on the show with forehead crinckles but, does he do his eye shadow like that like on purpose?

why would he put on the eye shadow that day if he’s trying to fit in

Because he likes being beautiful

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That's toned down. He USED to be GOLD

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He doesn't have ridges either, just an emblem embedded on his forehead, which he could theoretically walk around without a disguise but it would freak people out a bit(though they wouldn't immediately jump to 'alien'.) His stomach is the freaky alien part

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think the producers said at one point they kinda had a loose justification that his gold fading was a result of adopting earth diets and then later moreso from the symbiont to tretonin, but yeah they just toned down the makeup after a while.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He doesn't have ridges either, just an emblem embedded on his forehead,

They cut out the flesh on his forehead and then poured molten gold into the wound :black101:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I think the producers said at one point they kinda had a loose justification that his gold fading was a result of adopting earth diets and then later moreso from the symbiont to tretonin, but yeah they just toned down the makeup after a while.

It's like bird colors, based on the seeds they are eating.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i presume that the time off-screen between episodes consists of constant cases of space madness.
I just watched If Wishes Were Horses and I think that's what that was

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

redshirt posted:

I think its right after the "well hellooooo" scene that a Breen talks to Damar directly and he understands it. Still gets poo poo on by Weyoun though lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

redshirt posted:

It’s usually more like “yes wise words friend, Cardassians ARE soy boy beta cucks.”

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/FcBuBvD.mp4

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

This is a perfect moment to lament that I can't find a good gif version of Mariner about to close her tablet saying "wow, no thank you"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s usually more like “yes wise words friend, Cardassians ARE soy boy beta cucks.”

God I would kill to hear Jeffrey Combs deliver that

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

TheKingslayer posted:

I’m so mad that he’s not on cameo

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

A lean mean green Breen machine!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I don’t mind the Breen being flubber people

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Endless Trash posted:

I couldn't quite put my finger on what they reminded me of, thanks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

Holy poo poo, lean into that

I want to see a Great Link that's a planet full of bouncing green blobs instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

I love that Christopher Judge at one point started changing his hair constantly just to gently caress with the makeup people