Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vakal posted:

I remember seeing the guy that played Neelix in some "creating stellar customer relationships" VHS tape we had to watch at work. No clue if that was pre or post Voyager.

TBF, before Voyager, that guy was a regular on "Benson" as the governor's dweebish press secretary.

Automatic Slim posted:

I also read that Beltran wanted to lead the show so he asked for some outrageous sum of money thinking the network would never pay it, which of course they did.

Dude, you can't be riding on being the titular character in cult classic Eating Raoul forever.

I'm Crap posted:

gently caress you, that's a great episode

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dog buttz posted:

In thirty years, time travel stories will feature the Iraq war.

Not really, mostly because Iraq wasn't that big of a society changer that people think it was. Politically, it was just an extension of the Bush era "red-vs.-blue" politics, and, in the rest of the world, American imperialist policies, for lack of a better term.

In fact, it's probably more apt to say that time travel stories will feature 9/11, just because of all the stuff that sprang from that, Iraq war included.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

The series should have ended with the hangings of half the crew for mutiny

And limping home with one nacelle.

Honestly, that would have been a hell of season finale: they defeat some big bad almost unscathed when one of the nacelles explodes. Not "a few sparks and explosion sprites" and "the lights go off" explodes, I mean, "superstructure damage" "beyond repair" "irrevocably changes the SFX model for succeeding seasons" explodes.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

Never seen it, although from a quick scan of the wiki page I may need to rectify that situation.

Chokotay strangles a raping Ed Begley Jr., then gets high with Mary Woronov, all within five minutes.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Riker probably puts on his famous one man show every year at the Risa Christmas party but the gag is that its 4 other men, but they are all holograms, clones, transporter duplicates and mirror world versions of himself. The other gag is lots of gags and the other, other gag is lots of gagging. You've never seen passion until you've seen a lube-soaked horga'hn touch a saliva sodden Federation regulation beard.

It's too bad Paramount and CBS are restricting the fan films, because I want post-TNG Riker running around the known universe being a sex-addicted, drug-addled lout. He's abandoned Troi, because, "Betazoids are good for passionate lovemaking, but sometimes, most times, you just want pure emotionless, mechanical sex, like from a bored prostitute or a sex cyborg". Every time he appears on duty, he only has his commander's tunic, the front stained from particularly stubborn drool or vomit or both, the pants have gone missing. Every star port has an alien half-breed with a goatee for some reason.

gently caress, parody laws still work right?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Well, the real draw is having Jonathan Frakes come back to play a huge sex pervert, right? Doesn't have to be William Riker on the Star Treks, you could do it Galaxy Quest-style.

That's definitely the condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

it got picked up by a cable channel right? I'm not going to google loving VIPER twice in my life but I think it had some story where it got picked up after the first season by NOT CBS or w/e

Yeah, it came on after midnight on a UHF channel here. I ended up watching an episode because I saw Howard Chaykin of American Flagg! fame wrote it.

Sorry, he couldn't save it.