Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Finishing a show while it’s still good is fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I mostly enjoyed this weeks Disco. It was basically an actual episode instead of a smear of poo poo serving the seasonal plot. Real lol at everybody on the DIsco saying their colleague wouldn't sacrifice themself to save the ship. That's like Starfleet 101.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcBw9GuzZI4

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

watched the first episode of enterprise the other day and, man, humans are giving vulcans poo poo about their feelings like 100% of the time. every human gotta be like "oh drat looks like you're having an emotion right now" with a poo poo eating grin
Smug contempt is an emotion and Vulcans deserve to be called out for it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Neelix has been around. Avenue 5 and Better Call Saul immediately come to mind.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

Jeri Ryan had some good roles afterwards, as did Picardo. I'm blanking on the rest.

Jeri Ryan did some Leverage when Gina Bellman had to take some time off. I think to have a baby?

Actually a bunch of Trek people are in Leverage here and there. Probably because Frakes directed a bunch of episodes.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This weeks Disco might be the most boring episode of Star Trek. It's honestly impressive how many shits I could not give for the episode.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I loved the scene near the end, you can barely make out a very vague outline of a ship through a bunch of glowing space dust, and Rent-guy immediately recognizes not only the ship, but also that it's an alternate universe version of it.

There are nerds in the here and now who can do that. It's not much of a stretch that an in universe nerd could do the same.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

At least every episode feels like an actual episode instead of just a smear of seasonal plot.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Only the time-jumping episode felt that way. And it had already been done in the Mudd episode from season 1 (also Voyager’s “Shattered”)

I'm iffy about giving the first episode a pass on this, but I'm going to. The one on the desert planet, or the one where they set the season up :v:
Second episode I just don't remember at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Third episode is the one where they go to Trill.
Fourth episode is the one with the time fuckery.
Fifth episode is the one in the mirror void.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

And was only enough story to support a decent 2 parter.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Quark™.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Star Trek fan burying their erotic Trek commissions and saying goodbye one final time.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Torturing animals to go fast is very Starfleet.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Generally speaking in sci-fi and fantasy that's the human's trait. Ability to learn fast and make waves while doing it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Once starships starting having alarms for phaserfire the stun sleep aid was retired.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When handling any firearms, it's important to do safety checks.

Explicitly telling your peons to check to make sure is another level of caution and makes sure that Ensign Ricky doesn't accidentally melt somebodies arm off because the phaser he grabbed from the locker was last used for boring a hole in rock to save miners on Trovab 6.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Trek name? Trek avatar?? What the gently caress???

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I like Mariner, but I really wish they toned her backstory down.

It's just full of "Of course I hangout with all the popular Star Trek characters" wankery.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

NuBeavis and Butthead is hilarious, and NuFrasier isn't the worst thing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This weeks Disco pretty good :eyepop:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Lol, at the of the episode, Culber walks in on Book playing a monochromatic "Asteroids" knockoff on his viewscreen, complete with vector-inspired graphics and bleepy bloop noises.

CULBER: Why don't you play the simulator on the holodeck?
BOOK: I can always tell it's not a real ship.

Book minimizes his window of flying polygons.

The real problem is that the holodeck doesn't get the buttgroove of his chair right.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

For that scene afterwards :laugh:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't really disagree with making sure nobody likes Hitler. It sucks, but it had to be done. RIP.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

:lol: he wasn’t a good actor after all, he just actually thought gul dukat was right

My take away from the DS9 docu was that Marc should never be allowed alone with any woman. Ever.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm trying to think of any other repeat (other than two-parters), named, characters that aren't the main cast, and aren't from a previous series (like Barclay and Q) and all I could come up with:

Was going to say Flotter but apparently he's only in one episode. Fairly sure mentioned in more though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

What was up with that? So bizarre.

Edit: Didn't see the koala, so wasn't actually dying/dead.