Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's shocking to me that Picardo is held up as a positive point of the show. loving Stockholm Syndrome I tell you what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Every time travel story is poo poo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Luvcow posted:

how come people didn't like the scott bacula one?

Bakula is the dumbest captain by a country mile.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Jap viewers

Uh dude, Jap is not the preferred nomenclature.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

bucksmash posted:

AU Harry Kim

so money

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

geordi springs holobeach violin serenade on clearly uncomfortable coworker is wineandcheese goon in space

Oh hey there famous engineer, I made holo-you fall for me so bedding you should be a piece of cake!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grilka

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am racist against Neelix

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its always the lovely races in trek that have backstories of being oppressed and nearly wiped out. Telaxians and Bajorans, separated by a quadrant, unfortunately both still cling to existence neither of them deserve.

You are talking my language. I also hate Bajorans.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mirror universe plots are almost as bad as time travel nonsense.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's in the thread. I didn't get annoyed/pissed from it but it's there.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

He needed to work on the Enterprise's engines in some lethal trap so he created the designer of the Enterprise, then kept flirting with her so much over the course of the episode that everyone started getting creeped out. Since his mechanistic hologram was responding to his creepy advances and turning flirtatious. Picard even tried to shut him down when the ship was critical on power, couldn't run any systems, but Geordi was sperging out because he wanted his holo-wife program running.

Later the lady visited the Enterprise and found Geordi's creepy simulation of her being all flirty. At least it had it's clothes on I guess. That may have been before the alien cured his aspergers with space light though.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Even worse than I remembered, apparently.

And it gets still worse because she is initially horrified, correctly, but by the end of that story she is apologizing to Geordi. :wtf:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sort of a futuristic Bonzi Buddy

Hot

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Well he is one of these Alaskan super men.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I would be washing dishes at Joseph Sisko's restaurant.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Garak brings a lot to the table.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Dukat was right.

He was wrong about Kai Winn

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

But he was so very right that Adami needed a stealth-running Cardassin dick in her life.

She's the perfect villain.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Man ok so Red Squad wasn't the same as Nova Squad. Nova Squad was the bunch of dumb rear end teenagers /Best Academy Cadets that wrecked their ship killed a kid and covered it up, Nova Red Squad was the bunch of dumb rear end teenagers/ Best Academy Cadets that fought the Cardassians and died like a bunch of idiots. GOT IT.

Red Squad got used for a false flag terrorist attack on Earth. When Sisko uncovered that poo poo they got sent on that mission to patrol the rear end end of nowhere.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

the Bajorans were just loving terrible.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm watching the DS9 episode Children of Time and

The Sphinxster posted:

Every time travel story is poo poo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trials and Tribbleations or something.

Crunchy Odo is pretty good in this episode but otherwise eh

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I remember as a child I read about that upcoming episode in the tv guide and made sure to watch it.

It's a fun episode!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Apparently the Shatner and Nimoy were pissed Paramount used their likenesses and were never asked or paid. I did like how they addressed that TOS Klingons look so different from later Klingons. Worf's "we don't talk about it" was good.

It's a good out for sure. There's no good answer.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DS9 is the best because it has the most characters/actors I initially didn't like but won me over on further review.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's crunchy odo

I always confuse the Crunchy Odo ep with the Dax Loves One of the Cicada People ep.

Very bright and pastoral. Idyllic. Elysian.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That guy is about to play a clave solo that will blow your MIND

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

I thought crunchy odo was the one where he was being tortured by Garak by not being allowed to rest in his liquid state so he started to get flakey

That's not even the most flaky Odo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Klingons have dog dicks. They pop out of a nubbin halfway up their bellies that it comes out of, red and shiny with dick juice.

Before you ask, yes this is canon

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

As much as I love DS9 it has that problem in a bad way. They have sophisticated replicators and point to point transport technology.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Data was way more interesting before they made him literally autistic. In the early episodes he smiles and jokes and all kinds of poo poo.

I am not tng savvy enough to cite instances but it was frustrating that he had this encyclopedic knowledge and they would still have these "lol, androids right?" moments of incompetence. It just doesn't make sense.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ice Cream could also be a flashback to his 20 fake years with eechar (sp?)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Nobody's brought up the Animated Series yet. That shits canon you know.

It was weird when they just started bolting Larry Niven poo poo on there.

Oh yeah, uhh there are Kziniti and check out this weird ancient futuristic tech!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roy Scheider, star of mega blockbuster Blue Thunder.

Am I supposed to say something awful to you now?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ferengi fashion is a logical extension of Hobbit wear.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I just finished DS9 again. It happens fast if you fall asleep and otherwise skip episodes.

:sigh:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

vortmax posted:

How did Q get that so wrong?

Q is actually kind of a dumbass.

John de Lancie is wonderful tho.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The worst part of the Enterprise theme song was that the title sequence was pretty cool and just ruined by that song.

Funny that two people got credit for that piece of poo poo.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I like how several seasons later Nog was reading about earth history and goes, wow this Bell guy looks just like Sisko!

DS9 is good with the self referential poo poo. Like when Worf catches that burglar he's stolen the tooth sharpener Worf bought at Nog's Bargain Mitzvah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Good thing Rom never introduced Sisko to his other son, Nig

Come on dude