Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I remember seeing the guy that played Neelix in some "creating stellar customer relationships" VHS tape we had to watch at work. No clue if that was pre or post Voyager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
How did the series end anyway? Did they ever make it home?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The entire series should have been from the Doctor's point of view. Every episode stats with him just trying to figure out what colossal gently caress up they activated him for and then getting turned off at the end. Hard cut to black screen credits every show.

Then the finale episode they finally get back to Earth and the Doc realizes how out of date and obsolete he is compared to the latest models starfleet has made and he asks to be turned off forever like Bishop in Alien 3.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 26, 2016

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Was Neelix's species known to the Federation, or was Voyager first contact with them?

If it was, then there's no way he wasn't getting dissected the second they made it back to Earth.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Yes and neelix left the episode before the finale

Well that's lame.

A better ending would be after finally reaching home, all the Voyager crew members start erupting with horrible monster larvae that soon spread and kill everything on Earth, but not before
Neelix reveals that he was planting eggs in their food for years.

Which is why you don't make an alien your loving head chef.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Still more effort than the black and white cookie aliens.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In a perfect world, when Voyager finally returned to Earth, they would have been so changed by their experiences in the Delta quadrant and what they had to do to survive that Starfleet would have considered them a threat to the federation and denied them from returning to Earth.

So basically what I'm saying is that it should have ended like Fallout 1 with Cpt Janeway shooting the head of Starfleet in the face and then taking her crew and Voyager and heading out into deep space forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbH-8QKZ1Vg

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It's almost like every major country is by law required to have its own cheesy sci-fi series.

As a Canadian, we got Lexx. :canada:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

hold on was it TNG season 2 where Troi got pregnant by some space creep and everyone was just like "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, it was basically the same story as Ms. Marvel from the comics that ruined the character for over a decade.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

That's the beauty of it. After space sparkle was born all signs that Troi was ever pregnant or had a kid magically away.

I assume Captain Picard sends his daily logs of the ships activities back to Starfleet command.

Those must be some interesting reads.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I imagine molesting Data would fall under misappropriation of starfleet property.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

etalian posted:

he also turned down no strings attached sex with Seven of Nine.

I don't blame him.

The doctor said that he couldn't remove a bunch of her implants and since the borg don't reproduce, you just know they stuck as much hardware up that crotch as possible.

It's nature's pocket!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mondian posted:

It would certainly help morale around here!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Those fluidic space aliens were kinda cool but then they turned them into dumb shape shifters that just needed to better understand humanity.

Yeah, when they first showed up it was neat for once that Star Trek featured an alien species that was actually "alien" and not just another bunch of humanoids that conveniently spoke english.

It reminded me of in Decent Freespace where you spend like half the game in a space war against the Shivans without ever knowing anything about them. When the humans finally disable a ship and send in an assault team to make first contact, they get absolutely hosed by a race of giant tri-armed monstrosities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcWhhsRGsAI

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Married with Children doesn't deserve to be discussed in a Voyager thread.

We can only talk about Unhappily Ever After instead.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There's also a village in Serbia that spent all their money to get their own statue of Rocky Balboa.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It is surprising the when 90% of medical treatment involves waving a magic wand over people that Starfleet doctors would suck at anything that actually involves touching a patient?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
On thing I will give Star Trek ship designs though, at least they had the sense to tuck the bride into the main bulk of the ship and not sticking out like a giant, poorly defended bullseye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_hGOFukMQ&t=20s

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I still want an explanation on how sonic showers can remove dirt, sweat, and oil and yet still not rub a persons skin off like they were an over-ripe grape.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What kind of budget did TNG have to work with anyway?

I remember watching an episode of Reading Rainbow back as a kid where LeVar Burton went behind the scenes of the TNG set and meeting his crew mates.

All I remember of it was seeing lots of the actors having to do their own makeup (aside from Stewart and Michael Dorn of course), and even back then it kind of struck me as being cheap.

Edit: Found the episode it was from - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5A7HPROQyM&t=578s

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tempo 119 posted:

Voyager... also has a finale

Yeah it was pretty good.

I will never forget watching Janeway testifying before a Starfleet tribunal about her gross violations of the prime directive, followed by Chakotay and the other maquis being executed for treason, and the Doctor getting reset to factory defaults the moment he opened his mouth.

Oh, and seeing Neelix getting incinerated by CDC workers with flamethrowers because you know that can't have that spreading on earth.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 2, 2016

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Fojar38 posted:

How does the Borg threat become less serious

They kept assimilating only white humans into the collective despite it making them slower and dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There's no way Klingons weren't using Tribbles as toilet paper.