Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My favorite, "could get us home faster" episode was Equinox. I legit like that one but haven't seen it in years. Wonder if it would hold up for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh for sure. Murder engine is pretty bad. Pretty grim idea/episode though.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes those are Decipher Star Trek CCG cards. I used to have a ton of them back in the day.

At one point Decipher had both the Trek and Star Wars licenses (I started with Star Wars cards and ended up with Trek). Now I believe they are out of business completely.

God I loved those games. They were so complex and weird at times.

And yeah Decipher went under not long after it came out the owner's brother-in-law had embezzled somewhere over a million dollars from the company.

There are still player organizations making virtual cards for Star Wars and Star Trek to this day and at one point they had some obscene amount of prize support the company left them with.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

All this recent Voyager talk has me wanting to make a list of like ten good episodes and just go through that. The Thaw will for sure be on there.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This episode of Voyager, Unforgettable, what the gently caress?

They let this dude come on their ship, brain scramble a lady they had given asylum to, then just let him upload a virus to their ship and bail?

I get it, he uploaded ReturnToStatusQuo.exe, but it doesn't seem realistic it would go down like that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CainFortea posted:

They didn't let him. He just did it.

And the person they had granted Asylum is gone. If she doesn't remember doing it, or remember wanting to ever do it, it would be wrong to keep her against her will. Regardless of how it went down.

No, they have him in the brig, let him go, then let him use their transporter after he tells them he's uploaded a virus in their ship.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Holy poo poo I forgot about the episode of Voyager where The Doctor writes his holo novel, then we get Measure of Man but worse, and at the end an implied eventual hologram uprising in some mine. Incredible.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tom Paris getting shanked in a prison knife fight is really funny. Voyager rules.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Pluto Star Trek channels are so clutch.

Haven't really had a chance to connect with DS9 and TNG since I'd had a lot of personal growth in last ten years and everything connects a lot better. I can't at all understand the desire for violent and edgy Star Trek at this point.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Troi's scoop neck top with the lopsided cut has been bothering me ever since I noticed it. It's like the FedEx arrow.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bashir is a fuckin pervert.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's pretty funny when Bashir wanders into Quark's to tell him he isn't gonna die from that syndrome but he just does it in front of everyone at the bar. gently caress privacy I guess.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Quark getting in too deep with this ultra dramatic arms dealer is the kind of content I crave.

Edit: Holy crap its a dark note that Quark was totally cool with taking the blood money and paying his debts. I know Sisko slaps him with the repair bill to set him back again, but Quark still did that poo poo.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 22, 2024

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still don't fully grasp the Maquis. They seem like complete dumbasses.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Congratulations, you do in fact understand the Maquis.

Eddington would have been at the capitol on Jan 6

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh hell yeah, Empok Nor just started. I love this episode.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lol Jadzia doesn't trust Worf with the baby.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Feral Molly got the zoomies in her terrarium.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Some guy: "Legate Damar we have a problem...

Damar: "What problem?"

Dukat: "Meee."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's very sweet that Bashir and Miles let Odo tag along on their holosuite cosplay trips.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

odo must have had to deal with so many random perverts looking to act out their otherwise impossible fetishes over the years.

"Please, Mr. Riker, stop contacting me."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So why kill off Jadzia with only one season to go?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kai Winn being confused why she would give up her office after talking about how ambition made her a worse person is some god tier awful person writing. Peggy Hill levels even.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

naem posted:

like Peggy Hill it’s actually very good writing of a character that has flaws they are unaware of

Yeah that's what I mean, they wrote a god tier awful person.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TNG and DS9 binging makes me miss the Star Trek card games. I know people still play 'em, just not a scene for it in my area at all.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

These aliens in Armageddon Game are loving morons.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Janeway probably replicated a snub nose .38 and has the ensigns play Russian roulette when she's bored.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Holy poo poo.

Mirror Odo exploded so good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

Watching the episode where o'brien thinks he's going on a vacation with his wife and gets tortured in a cardasian prison instead and all I have to say is lmbo.

I am also watching this episode.

They really did back to back false accusation type stories in this season.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

GolfHole posted:

what happened to all the andy dick emhs

It kept telling everyone it put the "Tasha Yar curse" on them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've never been able to put my finger on it by DS9 is operating on a level of humor the other shows don't really get on.

Like, the episode where O'Brien is framed for giving warheads to terrorists. The way Cardassian courts work is so darkly funny.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Replicant O'Brien episode is really good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Computer make T'Pols mouth bigger and wider

"As you wish, Commander Riker."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Experience beej

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I choose to believe the O'Brien Founder was actually the chief just having a giggle at Sisko's expense.

"Shoulda seen his feckin' face when I told him how many shapeshifters were on Earth."

EDIT: It's still nuts to me how much Kira and Dukat end up hanging out. Dukat is the messiest bitch in the quadrant.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 2, 2024

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

redshirt posted:

I love how Dukat founded a suicide cult just to get back at Kira. The guy was committed to the part.

The little dinner scene while Dukat is captain of the freighter is so funny.

"Oh you're dating Shakaar? Yeah I used to get the intel reports on him and he hosed EVERYBODY during the occupation... anyway!"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This ultra conservative dude on Risa is like, laser targeted to appeal to every rear end in a top hat bone in Worf's body.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Risa IS the pleasure planet...

I was actually thinking about that later like, "Wow they really are geniuses there. They figured out how to give Worf a stiffy with smug fascist rhetoric."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

redshirt posted:

Was the show Martin also on UPN? If so, surprised there wasn't a Voyager crossover.

It was Fox, I think...

Daaaaamm, Vreenak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

No Borg cum?