Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That episode where Worf gets rekt by a barrel is pretty good.

(DS9 was way better than Voyager, and I say this as someone who likes Voyager.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Universe Master posted:

We have Obama thanks to Jack Ryans need to share his wife's tittys with the world.

He was a patriot.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

dog buttz posted:

Seven of Nine is hot and Robert Picardo is a great actor who played a great character in that show.

Speaking of Star Trek, I watched Enterprise and was surprised at how brutal they could be. "Eh, gently caress the whole planet. Let nature take it's course" and "He'll tell us when the airlock starts to open."

"Hey at some point in the future we might theoretically have guidelines that tell us to let these guys die so I'm just gonna do that now."

That chunk of the prime directive was kinda bullshit, honestly. Just let Worf's brother kidnap the planet if they're all hosed anyway.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Was Janeway bipolar.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

No joke King of the Hill was probably more respectful towards Native Americans than Star Trek Voyager.

That's because Voyager managed to hire a total charlatan and fraud as their advisor on Native Americans.

It was real to him.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Can someone post that gif of Janeway standing in the mess hall with her face twitching uncontrollably.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Also, they were so garbage that the Borg didn't want them. That's gotta sting.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Computer, delete quips.bat.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

He did have that one cool story about the grasshopper and the octopus.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

[coffee joke]

Volcott fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 26, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

treiz01 posted:

I wanted to find a video of someone disintegrating from this game but no luck. Their drawn out scream as they disappeared was haunting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNmE7XygsQ

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

this one is cool because it validates holocaust denial

That's kinda harsh.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Now what can be done about the acting and the dialogue?

Have Peter Jurasik play everyone.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 29, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

he'd probably have to since everyone else is dead

Are we counting Bruce Boxleitner's career?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Ok I've never watched much of Voyager. Maybe most of season 1 before I gave up. Should I or shouldn't I watch Threshold because this thread kinda got me amped up for it.

They find magic dilithium that lets them go warp 10, which shouldn't be a thing, and it turns paris into a lizard. He then kidnaps janeway, warp 10s again and they have lizard sex. They leave the kids on a random planet because what the gently caress are they going to do with them on a space ship. The end.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

IT KEEPS HAPPENING.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

What game is that? It looks pretty nerdy... good nerdy :getin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellaris_%28video_game%29

It's pretty good, but it'll be better in a few months once the third content patch is out.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 3, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Sven got smashed on synthehol because of her borg parts. Guess the collective didn't assimilate a countermeasure for Amstel Light.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone have a list of, like, 10 good TNG episodes? For when you only want a little Star Trek.

(Saw the Worf gets owned by a barrel episode on the BBC recently, that was pretty okay.)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Good time travel episode: the one where Voyager crashes on Hoth and everyone dies.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Sten Freak posted:

Has a single word been said about Torres? Half Klingon , gotta be a tiger in the sack.

More baggage than an international airport.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I thought the rub was they could make artificial human organs, but they didn't know enough about Neelex's species to do it right.

(Still enough to make holographic organs, though?)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

"Hey, why don't they use the transporter to do cool stuff?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Wasn't he also the only guy in starfleet who'd been in an actual war before the dominion started poo poo? You know he had a necklace made of cardie neckbones in a drawer somewhere.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

"The one where Worf fucks up so bad he has to mind wipe his brother."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

If you count every episode ignoring every other episode then yeah?

Someone can fly a shuttle into the side of the ship, fly a shuttle through a hole in the ship, eject the warpcore or get alien STDs everywhere and it basically never happened.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Compression phaser rifle best phaser. Looked way more gnar than those cheap looking ones they had on DS9.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I know he said he gave them away but Janeway's bf probably just fed those dogs back into the replicator after the funeral.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The dolphins were a Gunbuster reference, if I recall.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Condoms are a lost technology. Enter the monthly contraceptive hypospray. And both people need to get one or it doesn't work.

(Jambalaya.)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Was the pegasus warping into an asteroid riker's fault or am I misremembering my treks.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Really they should just put a cloak on every ship and only switch them on when the Klingons start poo poo like in DS9.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i too am excited by the prospect of seeing a space fight where all the ships are invisible

Ah but you see they have to decloak to do anything cool.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

V'ger gets better once Seska does the thing, and it gets betterer once they lose the Kazon entirely.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

"Hey Seven you know if, like, one of those Omega things goes critical we're all loving dead, right? And there's like a thousand of them in there?"

"Yeah but I want it."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why are the ENT Vulcans all "you're not advanced enough to understand our cool space suits, build your own" when their cutoff for interfering with other species is warp? Didn't they basically rebuild Earth after The Coch got their attention in First Contact?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Picard's sicknasty flute thing > Harry Kim's clarinet

The Kimtones will never make it big.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I prefer Riker's tromboner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Betazed was occupied by the Dominion at one point. They probably weren't impressed by the sexnasium.