Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tighclops posted:

ReBoot, Beast Wars and Shadow Raiders were all quality sci fi shows for kids

And Power Rangers in Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy(which had a more sensible plot and better ending than BSG, and people can breathe in space in this show)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tricky D posted:

To remove any ambiguity: Keiko, while possessed by an evil god alien, was the closest she came to be likeable.

What about the episode where Miles is into Kira and Keiko keeps trying to get him laid.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The one where Sisko makes a solar space boat and takes his son white water warping is great, would appeal to TNG fans, and features the rare appearance of Sisko with both hair and beard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Star Trek Beyond is on Amazon Prime. I watched it, it was good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sunswipe posted:

Agreed. Only thing that would have made it better would have been him saying "Computer, also delete program 'Voyager Delta Quadrant'" as he and Troi left the holodeck.

And then he turns into Kevin, a dowd. He turns to Troi. "Deanna. I am a man of special conscience. I just deleted those episodes. Not one episode. All episodes. There is no punishment to fit my crime."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How about an episode where Data takes over the Klingons, becomes the chancellor.

Worf is resisting and at the end of the episode is beaten down by Data as the other Klingons kneel in loyalty.

Worf: But Data cannot lead us! He has no honor!
(Data phasers Worf, possibly killing him)
Data: Honor is subjective
(Close zoom to face)
Data: Data is Empirical

To be continued...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Though thinking about it five minutes later, I think Worf's useless brother would have been the one to say the cliffhanger line.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kim probably had a good career once he got back. Probably snitched on everyone for everything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tricky D posted:

Data was also a one twothree-of-a-kind, whereas the federation apparently employed an army of enslaved holograph laborers. It seems likely that the judge in the Doctor's case might have had a few stern talkings to over golf.

Four of a kind, don't forget his mom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or they seeded it before dinosaurs? Or after?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nope. Quark is also better at it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In the episode where Kirk is split into Solid Kirk and Liquid Kirk, Sulu is trapped on an ice planet and uses a phaser to heat rocks for warmth.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I kind of love Janeway's attitude.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

UCB's Little Donny special is also Voyager canon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like when that dude attacks him on a blimp or something and he catches the punch and just coldly states "My strength is ten times that if your own." Then crushes his hand as the dude winces in pain.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bunnyofdoom posted:

So what do people think of the galaxy quest series written by Paul Scheer?

I hope his buddy Jason Manzoukas is in it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least she isn't loving virtual crew members

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Easy fix: have the Borg just having discovered one of those guardians of forever that so far one had been discovered in the alpha and gamma quadrants.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She would know you horny.

But as an empath, that would make her horny.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BattleMaster posted:

what's the reference being made by calling the ship the orville? is it really named after the popcorn man?

Orville Wright

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well he doesn't really have much to do with Family Guy either, he hasn't written on it since 2010.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But you could totally get those Sonic characters on the holodeck, and then be like "Holodeck, create a mobile emitter for Sonic".

Boom. Self sustaining holodeck character.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dibs on Metal Gul Dukat

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Borg jorans take the cube to some lovely planet and start farms and refuse to move.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Tuvok is kind of a joyless rear end in a top hat who I wouldn't want to be stuck in a medium sized office building with for 7 decades.

Tuvok is great. He's a loving professional. Everyone gets along great with him who isn't always pestering him to show emotion or smile more.

If you asked him to teach you space chess he would help I bet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He gets along with the Doctor. They don't do a lot together but he respects him more than most crew members do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'll tell you this. Tuvok would be my friend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If the federation wants to defeat the Borg, send them an advanced ship to assimilate but staff it with Pakled

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You wouldn't give them the KEYS.

You'd put them on a fake bridge connected to a holodeck

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dumb Geordi theory I've made up to make his character not a creep:

Between the episode where he kisses fake Leah Brahms in the holodeck and the one where he meets the real one where she finds his creepy simulation and gets mad, there is an episode where he's empathizing with Barkley and warning him about the dangers of the holodeck. He says "I even fell in love in there once." Past tense.

Geordi getting mad at the real Leah funding his simulation creepy and inside her did nothing wrong, we presuppose he was being an rear end in a top hat and lying to himself.

What this theory presupposes is: maybe he wasn't?

Maybe when he kissed her that was the last time he even used the program, and the circumstances leading to that kiss were accidental. Maybe he never even used the program afterwards.

The things the program says when Leah walks in "Every time you touch the engine, you're touching me", maybe this is a manifestation of the ship's own computer that's fallen in love with Geordi, and he was unaware of it. That's why he's so hostile about accusations of impropriety, because he knows he never used the program like that.

Help me rehabilitate this man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/BenjaminAhr/status/911247728839192576

Their first episode, just introductory, is up. The opening theme gag is pretty good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The General posted:

This is what trek is about though. :colbert:

Also Seven is hitting on Holo Chakotay and he's down. So on reply to they Geordi post, I'd just like to say if you make a holo character and show any interest in sleeping with it, the computer is fully down with making it happen. Geordi would have flirted with the real Brahms too. Only the computer knows what the holodecks are for, and will happily provide.

Well that's how they should have taken care of Moriarty

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah you could just have a holo janitor clean it.

Or a robot. A sexocomp

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite use of his native American heritage is in some survival situation Tuvok chimes "I have crafted a bow".

Chakotay gets loving indignant and says "You think I know how to use a bow just because I'm native American?" And Tuvok slaps his rear end down with "The bow is for me, I was champion at Starfleet archery five years running, you loving idiot." And Chakotay goes to a mall and gets attacked by zombies after a meteor hits.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

caps on caps on caps posted:

I thought I'd be total fanservice with nonstop SWJ taglines. It was nothing like that. I could not even make it through the trailers, so I was really loving surprised.

Wtf? Have you even paid any attention to the criticism of this show at all? If anything the main reason people dislike it is it's explicitly the opposite of this, throws out everything about old Treks for the sake of being new while inserting a few old names and sound effects, and being dark and not dealing with issues of social justice at all.

What the hell do you even mean you thought it would be full of "sjw taglines"?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

caps on caps on caps posted:

Can someone give me a short rundown on what happened during Enterprise and it is really 100 years later since last contact?
Wasn't there like, storylines or something?

So a Klingon crash lands on Earth and a farmer shoots him. Enterprise has to safely transport him back to Kronos for care.

Later, Tripp accidentally gets pregnant and this reclusive alien race glomps onto a Klingon bird of prey. This is the race that got him pregnant. The Klingons were going to kill them but the story of the pregnant man makes them laugh so much they let bygones be bygones and let the aliens go in exchange for holodeck technology. The aliens transfer the pregnancy.

Later still, Enterprise discovers a disabled bird of prey on a gravity field and rescues them against their protestations.

Later, Archer and T'pol teach some frontiersmen basic self defense and use A-team tactics to save their colony from rogue Klingon raiders.

Later, Klingon warriors kidnap an ancestor of Soong to try and create Klingon augments. Enterprise had to deal with them and some escaped augments. Archer goes to the prison from Star Trek 6 and escapes with the help of a Klingon scientist. A crazy Klingon makes the augmentation a virus, Archer managed to limit who is exposed, but a large group of Klingons are and become more human in appearance as a result. That's the last time they show up on Enterprise.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Clark Nova posted:

This is the dumb and incredibly overwrought retcon for the lack of forehead ridges in TOS, right? Now I guess they have to reconcile TOS Klingons, TNG Klingons and Discovery Klingons.

At the end Dr Soong (played by Spiner) says "Augments isn't going to work out. I think I'll make an Android!" Draws a picture of Data, then turns to camera and says "IT WON'T BE COMPLETE FOR A COUPLE OF GENERATIONS. WINK WINK!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ship should have hardwood flooring

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It just occurred to me and I love the idea, of Harry Kim after being debriefed and given a leave of absence, finally gets assigned to a new ship as helmsman, and his direct superior and second officer is Lt. Cmdr Nog, a loving Ferengi who is like 21 years old. Kim is 36 and still an ensign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Geordi, every time you touch my power core, you're touching me!

I know, Eve! It's a part of you, saying that when I touch it in touching you is a given. Do you not want me to touch it? Is that what you're saying?

No Geordie, I was trying to be romantic. Was I killing the mood?

Uh, no sweetie, but look, I have to go do some holodeck... maintenance. Why don't you recharge for a while?

I heard nothing about holodeck maintenance!

Well it's on the schedule... But You Don't Have To Take My Word For It. Dah dun dun!