Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Animal-Mother posted:

what if

you put Odo

in the replicator

You get another Odo, but this one speaks German for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

As part of my ongoing midlife crisis I decided to finally make it past season three of Voyager and I gotta say I’m glad I made the choice because the B’omar are the best designed aliens of all time.

Just look at these guys. Incredible. It’s like Piet Mondrian went through a goth phase after a trip to Disneyland.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I don’t if any cameo could ever be better than Iggy Pop as a Vorta. That was (ba)sheer perfection.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Would Nemesis be more or less watchable if Chet Hanks played Shinzon?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

According to DS9 , Miles O'Brien never misplaces his tools. I'm not sure what can be done with this information but surely there is something.

Makes it real easy to spot extradimensional O’Brien impersonators

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Why did the doctor have hair in the future that one time? Does he ever have hair again?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Just watched, for the first time, the Voyager episode where Neelix dies, is resurrected, and discovers that his religion is a lie.

That was a hoot.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Really digging how naked embarrassed Tuvok and bound Tuvok are only a few episodes apart. A delightfully persistent window into the mind of some weirdo on Voyager’s writing crew.

E: also lol at the finger paint aliens

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 28, 2022

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Noam Chomsky posted:

Starting my first ever DS9 watch.

Making some good life choices here

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CainFortea posted:

Are those actual sex knots or are goons just being dorks and confusing any hot ladies tied up as sex knots?

In a military context that would be hojōjutsu—but, given that this is Star Trek there’s no way it’s knot the sex thing.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CainFortea posted:

It's more that goons are weird about sex things. And I know people who do Shibari and have seen this show and none of them mentioned it.

1.) True
2.) Curious to see what your friends would say if you asked

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok, so is this Voyager stuff a sex thing or was I just being a weird goon?
:thunk:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Real last of the brohicans vibes from this episode where Paris gets court-martialed for white savioring all over waterworld

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

RIP demon planet slime duplicates. You deserved better than that.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Outpost22 posted:

EDIT: Who was the father?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Frank Sinatra Jr never got to play an alien :smith:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok so I’m near the end of Voyager, season 5, and wow this has to be the most optimistic of all Star Treks. Lmao at the idea that the state of Indiana somehow managed to support the construction and operation of the world’s first functional arcology by the year 2012.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Voyager—the only Star Trek brave enough to ask, “How could these two possibly be friends?” and then immediately answer that question with, “Well, obviously Tuvok would need to be severely brain damaged for that to happen”.

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 18, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pretty stoked that Barclay came back and he’s just as weird as ever. The gooniest officer in all of Starfleet.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

Picardo is especially good

:colbert:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Irishman Who Went Up a Lieutenant But Came Down a Chief Petty Officer

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

Huh that kid is actually named Kal El.

Is that Nick Cage’s kid?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Disengageable safety protocols are more or less the only viable tool for fighting holoracism and holofetishism. Their universal disengageability is praxis, not incompetence. Take Janeway’s interactions with the Doctor and her holoirishman for example.

Somewhere deep inside starfleet there’s an engineer fighting the good fight.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ghostlight posted:

do you think their assholes are side to side or top and bottom

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Goddamnit Picard how many times do you need to rub it in that the federation sucks so bad? Watching this show makes me feel like I have a brain disease. This must be what it’s like to be a chud—to hate a thing this much—to use up so many of your braincells hating it that you don’t have enough left for rational thought or compassion or whatever :byodame:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Not watch Star Trek? Why would I do that?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Say what you will about Enterprise but it’s the only Star Trek sophisticated enough to have an mpreg episode and treat the topic with the dignity it deserves.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Betazoids used to lock small creatures up in their wigs and wear them all over the place and they though that was great. Getting your kicks from simply annoying other people is downright progressive in comparison.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

O'Brien vs Goblins is worth a watch. Lots of O'Brien. Lots of goblins.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Space Squid

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The miracle of birth

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Now that I slept on it I’ve decided the entirety of Picard so far is actually pretty great on account of it leading up to Riker smashing another spaceship with a rock. :discourse:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I’m catching up on Picard because I hate myself—and, uh, the Picard family has Jedi mind powers now? What?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

P-Stew may have been destined to play Picard, but he was born to play Walter Blunt.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Clark Nova posted:

lol what? retconning picard's decades-long career as starfleet's most capable peacemaker and diplomat into a twisted tale of telepathic violation and domination

Pretty sure that’s just what happens when you make Stewart an EP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-PxM53VQ4

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

nine-gear crow posted:

Jack's some kind of Neo Borg, Terry Matalas all but said so on Twitter. They're ending the arc of TNG on More Borg poo poo.

This only reason this season exists is because someone out there was brave enough to ask the question, “Do you think Picard still has nanoprobes in his jizz?”

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tom Paris is the least dateable person in Starfleet. That’s not up for debate.

Who’s the most dateable, though?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Let me tell you a really boring story.

Up until last year, on account of being a wacky foreigner, my wife had never really been exposed to Star Trek. Her coworkers over at the nerd factory decided to do a rewatch and she liked the sound of it—so, off we went a Trekkin’.

This woman is a super dork. She has multiple doctorates. She will watch and enjoy the most baffling garbage because as far as I can figure whatever got her brain wired up for all those smarts also got her wired up to get off on terrible character drama. The more absurd the better.

Fast forward to now and we’ve watched everything. She loves it so much it’s almost frightening. It doesn’t even have to be good Star Trek. She keeps ranting about how DS9 is the best one, but she also keeps insisting that Trip is the sexiest man in Starfleet. Dr. Mrs. Fontaine was born to trek.

Picard S03E09 broke her.

She yelled at the TV.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I got my husband into Star Trek and he likes the shows a lot and DS9 is his favorite but I've never thought of him as a huge fan, like I'm a huge dork for Star Trek and I don't think it would be reasonable for me to expect him to love this poo poo like I do but he is so loving mad at Star Trek Picard, he is so personally offended by the show and it's lack of respect for the Federation and the optimistic and cooperative vision of the future. He wants to fight the writers of the show, it's very sweet of him.

:powercatte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

That’s pretty ableist of you tbh