Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blistex posted:

Pretty much this. They were re-treading a shitload of left-over Voyager garbage with the holograms, the Borg, and other stuff right from the get-go. Also by the end of season II they went from "fledgling Earth ship" to "toughest mutherfuckers in space" because they just happened to get phasers and photon torpedoes and better shields in the span of a year. Enterprise was about 50-50 decent/garbage until the last season. The temporal cold war was loving stupid, and if they wanted a year-long arc, they should have just started something with the Romulans.

I always felt that it just didn't feel right for the era. Like you have earth just starting interstellar travel after the discovery of the warp drive. I always felt that Captain Sam Beckett should have been more like a Victorian age adventurer, out to discover new things, but without a whole lot of rules, or direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I am telling the truth and Neelix was the sleeper hit of the show, like Quark.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Luxury Communism posted:

Daily reminder that Commander Chipotle was literally John Redcorn from King of the Hill in outer space.

I don't remember him ever rocking out to Judas Priest :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JediTalentAgent posted:

That should be a story, though: The entire night shift bridge made up of non-senior staff ends up having a major problem with an alien vessel and this crew of nobodies manages to solve a major crisis without waking the senior staff.

"No, listen, we make that call and the next thing you know you've got Janeway up here. You know who else is going to be here? Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Tuvok, all of 'em! Even Neelix will squirm his way up here. Then we're looking at a shooting war because they're all always fuckin' it up. Let's just handle this like we mostly do: Off the record!"

This would have been amazing!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Voyager was quirky enough to do it, too

It was, but with how lovely Voyager was, it would have been terrible :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, like the Borg children episodes

That reminds me, it always pissed me off that they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the Delta quadrant, and it's going to take them like 65 years to get back to the Alpha quadrant, yet somehow no matter what happened to Voyager, it was was back to like new condition at the beginning of the next episode.

Forge an alliance with the Borg for like 2 episodes, and get all kinds of Borg technology incorporated into Voyager? Episode 3 comes and, Voyager has been factory reconditioned. Get your poo poo pushed in by space pirates? Next episode, looks like it just rolled out of the space factory floor.

On a long rear end voyage like that, by the time it got back to the Alpha quadrant, it would hardly look like the same ship. Of course the series finale was all bullshit anyway.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Were they still operating under Gene Roddenberry's dumb rule where everything had to be resolved by the end of an episode?

Anyway, post your Night Shift fan fic itt

They eventually got the mobile transmitter for the Dr. but I suspect it was because they realized he was the only character anyone liked, and needed him to be able to go elsewhere.

Also, I suspect that much like on the Enterprise when Data ran the night shift, the Dr. ran the night shift.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shadow puppet of a posted:

Oh if only Neelix died right then and there, and the crew airlocked Kes right after the funeral for being a waste of inertial mass. Might have been a decent show.

Oh yeah, what did Kes do again? I just remember she hit puberty or something and died

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nucleic Acids posted:

Not a whole lot.

Tom got to gently caress her in an alternate timeline.

Litterally thing that didn't happen.txt :lol:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nucleic Acids posted:

Really? I could've sworn he did.

Well, alternate timelines are by definition poo poo that didn't happen in this timeline :shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is really bad HTH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm watching it, but not like actually watching it

It's background noise and I feel like that's all it deserves

You might just be better off having the standard bridge nothing is happening playing as background noise.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Remember how Voyager had bio-gel to deliver information around the ship? Yeah, they forgot about that too after one episode.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:perfect:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

I mean if they do another trek ever it's just going to be strippers with alien makeup lotioning each other for 40 minutes

YOu make that sound like a bad thing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

The warp core is just going to be a stripper pole with some Christmas lights

I think I'm going to go visit Engineering after work

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Man, I spent all my latinum down at engineering last night :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Uh on closer inspection her hands don't look to be a picture healthy circulation.

So, in the fine tradition of goon selectivity...

"wouldn't"

Sorry Chase.

Whatever dude, you're not banging their hands

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dr. Crusher was a grade A MILF

:agreed:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rocket_man38 posted:

Years after seeing this, I was taking a lit course and we were reading "Turn of the Screw." I thought "this is familiar, where the gently caress have I seen this before? " then I remembered this episode. Turns out that's the story that inspired the writer.

I mean, 7 of 9 has inspired untold numbers of masturbation sessions, but how in the hell could Voyager inspire anything else?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rocket_man38 posted:

Sorry, I should have said the writer of the episode. It was an old Gothic tale.

Ah, ok, my world view has been restored!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

Just going to leave this here

Vulcans have really unappealing haircuts, as I would do very illogical things to her

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crowsbeak posted:

I prefer Hoshi.

I used to think that too, but I would definitely Pon Farr

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Better first make sure your decontamination chamber and tubs of gel are big enough. Because...

Why is she on the toilet?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fat Shat Sings posted:

There is a reason that Geordi's best/only friend was the autistic robot man.

Data might have learned to be human if he wasn't constantly taking advice from a gigantic goon.

Lore was definitely the cool older brother, but Data was just too autistic to go smoke behind the Shuttle Bay

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Monkey Fracas posted:

Upon reflection Geordi is obviously the worst, yeah

Worse than Barclay who's just kinda nervous and insecure and misses work because he's playing holo-waifu-dating sims

Worse than Worf with his klingon weeaboo space bushido

Worse than Data who is just a robot with a touch of the 'tism

Worse than Wesley who at least has the courtesy to gently caress off like halfway through the series

So Barclay is just a space weeaboo after anime had been eradicated

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Barclay has a cat named Neelix

I'm pretty sure that he'd have anime if it was legal

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

criscodisco posted:

He was right about the time there was space worms in the transporter, and he was right to worry about his flu when it turned him into a spider and Troi into a fishlady.

That was a good episode

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

criscodisco posted:

Meanwhile, in the TNG finale All Good Things..., the future ships were cruising around at warp 13, and no one was a lizard.

Let's not forget that warp speed was supposed to be logarithmic in TOS, so Warp 10 was instantaneous point to point travel!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

oldpainless posted:

And of course ripped apart by Pinhead

He escaped once, I'm sure that's how he got on DS9

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rare Collectable posted:

If this crossover ever happened Voyager might have been a bit more memorable. Lucy lawless should have at least shown up once.

If it had also been the episode with The Rock, that would have been the best hour of TV

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Automatic Slim posted:

TNG used the Borg sparingly and that made them menacing. VOY they were monster of the week.

Yeah, in TNG the Borg were the boogey man at the edge of known space that they barely survived every time. At least until First Contact when they became hella lame :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

while hosed up on prune juice

How exactly is prune juice "a warrior's drink?"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned posted:

How exactly is prune juice "a warrior's drink?"

I guess it's honorable to poo poo yourself in battle or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chomp8645 posted:

Tasha says drugs make you feel good but when the drugs wear off you feel bad and that's why drugs are bad.

A Vulcan would say that logically you should be on drugs always then.

Nancy Regan was guest writer on that episode

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FuhrerHat posted:

is there a single friendly helpful dog on the entire show

you got the fish, the cat, the lizards, the robot, the android

wheres the dogs, why didnt star trek teach us that dogs are cool

Dogs were hunted to extinction because they infact suck

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I don't get it, I thought Data wore clothes just like everyone else, but how is his uniform painted on his chest?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DOMDOM posted:

captain archer just got all bent out of shape because his dog pissed on some sacred tree and angered aliens but his dog got sick and clearly his dogs health is above intergalactic diplomacy & first contact & getting warp plasma cores or something

who writes this poo poo

Filthy dog people

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Rewatching Voyager rn and it's very good.

Are you drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I am drink a Busch beer and watching the episode where Harry is back home on Earth and has to give a big presentation and has a hot gf for some reason.

Uh, are you sure you're watching VOyager, and not "The Young and the Restless?"