Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Like I don't know how evolution works but why couldn't people made of other stuff be made with visible metal parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I bet the sound of having a metal baby with a metal cooter would bring cats in from miles away

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I liked the opening montage in that retarded Valerian movie where it showed all the different species at least those weren't all two legs two arms and a head even if that configuration does make more sense

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
At least STD is sorta addressing it with like that space whale they beamed into the shuttlebay or that space chigger that was driving the ship until they had the blonde dude married to Ricky Vasquez drive it

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
But then when they saw that pregnant space creature and Picard was all like "shoot her in the stomach" they acted amazed that such a thing could exist

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also whenever it shows the can opener lady she's looking through her giant glass see through screen like half the people on the bridge and I feel like my eyes would be randomly focusing on a carpet seam 15 feet away halfway through reading damage reports until I threw up and went blind

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also I don't think that English weapons officer was gay he just has gay face and British people always set off the gaydar that's just science because that time him and the foxy engineer went on vacation in the shuttle he had a very hard to watch fantasy that the Vulcan lady with the boobs liked calling him "shmoopy" or some poo poo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
But you know what maybe though because the fantasy was so gay that if he woke up and Tucker was blowing him I'd have just kept watching and thought "oh this makes sense" so I think he just like inceptioned his gayness

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I hope I answered all your questions Osric

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also tng enterprise seemed really lousy with shuttles like I get it you're sick with shuttles so why not but they seem to be giving them away or just leave shuttles on planets like it's nothing like can you imagine there's crazy poo poo on every loving planet they visit that would be the find of a lifetime

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Plus you don't do anything you just go like oh computer take me to a planet where I can breathe also no dinosaurs also some scrambled eggs thank you baby

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
What if you got to the first planet and looked in a cave and found an old VHS of your parents getting it on holy poo poo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
It's usually guys with big penises who are jerks, VQL

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh that was uncalled for I'm sorry VQL

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Some days I wake up and realize I'm not Andie McDowell and it puts me in a mood until I go back to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Powered Descent posted:

I always figured it meant to release the spaceship's clutch pedal (real term for that: to "engage" the clutch) and have the engine start moving the ship.

Yeah but I mean he's already told the dude driving what speed he wanted so wouldn't it be like telling your taxi driver like "oh hey I need to get to Madison Square Garden quickly also ACCELERATE NOW" like I mean I feel like I'd be on that bridge for like 8 months before I started trying to say "engage!" all stupid before he could every time he announced a speed