Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Bride of Chaotica! is probably one of the finest episodes of Star Trek ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ah, that was back when they had the tiny little phasers as well.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Star Trek is back on Canadian Netflix, even TAS. I have never seen TAS, send me your prayers

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am 30 seconds in and already hate it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This show really likes its epilepsy flashes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ok they made the Dalek gas sad and also everyone has a portable life support aura and there is a hemisphere on the ceiling of the bridge that can shoot pain beams.

No one is a cat yet but the Conn position was helmed by a melted circus peanut.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As if I could deprive the world. Episode 2 here goes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ok there is a time travel episode. There is a giant bird who lets Kirk go back in time and now Spock is dead or a ghost or something.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
A fetching new purse for Spock just appeared out of nowhere thanks the Enterprise Wardrobe Department apparently

Oh lord he's on Vulcan now

There are these fat little Vulcan wrestling baby Spock in overalls

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
A wizard just killed baby Spock's dog.

Spock exists in this show only as a temporal paradox. This is the second episode and they've already started on this.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

FuhrerHat posted:

which holodeck program would you most want as a syndicated show

edit: asking for a friend

Definitely the wacky adventures of Irish town #37

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
TAS trip report episode 3: Spock tells an uppity sentient gas cloud to go back to where it came from, we don't want none of your type around here.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Rewatching Year of Hell and I forgot Janeway had that kicky lil haircut for a bit

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I watched the episode where Neelix learns there's no heaven or whatever and I had forgotten completely about Chakotay's bullshit vision quest machine

Akochimoya

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

criscodisco posted:

I can only imagine my dad's delight at me taking to Trek like I did, since my sister hated all that stuff. I only wish I could pass my love of Trek on.

Hey now you could always do one of those creepy adopt-a-twink things

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Are they Betazoids?

Why haven't the Betazoids just taken over everything? Just like to gently caress too much.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Gammatron 64 posted:

some space turd hit your windshield?

What was Neelix even doing out there

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just watched episode where Seven has to navigate alone through a poison nebula and goes space crazy. You forget Jeri Ryan is actually a pretty good actress because they cast her as Titty of Borg but it's a solid work from her and Picardo.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

criscodisco posted:

That really speaks to the nature of Voyager, that most of the episodes y'all talk about I cannot remember, and I've seen them all. Most more than once.

They have to put all of the crew in stasis and Paris is a big baby about the whole thing, it's the part of the show where Paris and Kim are really into their whole bromance thing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Picking up on Star Trek books I remember reading one when I was 13 or so, Odo turns into a mirror and reflects phaser fire back at the antagonist. It's not how either of those things works but whatever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm watching the episode with Janeway's Irish Fucktoy and ol' Katy O'Clare has some OK taste in rough trade

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also they tease Tuvok a bunch because he's got the space collywobbles, it's a huge breakdown in shipwide order and no one does anything

"Delete the wife" you go Aunt Kathy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Chakotay is all "don't be embarrassed I've hosed lots of holograms lol acoochimoya"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Chakotay just put his pinky finger in Seven's mouth what the hell. She sucked on it seductively.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh god they're making out now

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

treiz01 posted:

Lets have an episode name and a time stamp!

"Human Error" S7E17

And no you have to watch the whole thing if I did.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Watching the episode where Belana is stuck on a planet as the muse of a poet and it's actually a pretty good idea for a story. I mean "THIS IS A GREEK TRAGEDY" isn't novel or or anything but its done pretty well I think.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Apollodorus posted:

You can tell the writer of that episode definitely half-paid attention during the week they read Aristotle's Poetics and had the work poorly explained to them by an English professor who doesn't know Ancient Greek, yeah.

e: I showed those scenes to my Greek professor (one of those guys who has a PhD in two different fields) during my Aristotle seminar and he loved it in a "so bad it's good" way

I'm just saying it's good by Voyager standards which is like "yes this the good dumpster"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
All of the non-classical music available in the twenty fourth century is just that oobie doobie song from First Contact on a constant loop forever

Piled high....

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Tighclops posted:

the JJverse asthetics are mostly ugly though

I didn't like the second movie all that much but the opening scene with the red/yellow/black/white bit in the jungle was very striking I thought

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I feel like anyone is going to have a healthy colon, it's Worf

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Look I'm sorry Kira the computer is too old/Cardassian to fix and no one is going to learn Bajoran so I guess it's the airlock for you sorry

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You just need to have faith

Faith of the Heart

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fat Shat Sings posted:

My TNG Rewatch

Lwaxana episode - skip

Look at this wrong opinion

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lwaxana is clearly the best character in all of Star Trek though I mean it's just an objective judgement

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Baronjutter posted:

Also no one in the future uses any sort of vehicles

You're forgetting this

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Kes? More like mess.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wait what's the DS9 episode where the station spews out torpedoes and such?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Arcsquad12 posted:

Rod and berries originally wanted the ferengi to have giant bulging penises that would dangle between their legs.

This explains the war whips I guess.

God those were dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

we get boat we get go posted:

Future Janeway travels back in time and horribly pollutes the timeline by crippling the Borg and handing the Federation a poo poo load of weapons/armor/shields from the future and also getting Voyager home like 20 years early.

The Temporal Incursion people just finally got sick of dealing with her poo poo and said gently caress the timeline, let's go for future-beers.