Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Voyager?! I barely know her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I’m watching voyager for first time in my life. I’m surprised to see it’s actually a decent show. :confused:

I marathon’d TOS, TNG and DS9 the past several months. So am getting around to voyager finally.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Facebook Aunt posted:

Voyager is fine as long as your expectations are low. It also helps if you assume they are suffering from a touch of space madness and expect no consistency to their actions from week to week, or even for them to remember what happened to them recently. Maybe they are all doing drugs or binge drinking on the sly, because they are on a hopeless voyage 70 years from home and never expect to see their families again? Maybe Neelix is drugging the food?

I’ve gone in with rock bottom expectations. I fully expected to roll my eyes, turn it off, and never speak of attempting to watch it again. Maybe that helped? :shrug:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I’ve made it through one season of voyager. If quality remains the same I feel confident I can make it through six more.

I think the Klingon is kind of hot, the Indian dude is pretty cool imo, there’s definitely worse shows out there. Some of their decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

Janeway: *breaks prime directive and gets everyone stuck in the gamma quadrant*
Also Janeway: “ I’m sorry, we can’t do that, it would go against the prime directive, and we can not break that under any circumstance!”

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I want to be on ds9 and live out some fantasy life with Vic Fontaine.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
It was a long slog getting through TOS. That Native American one was cringeworthy but did address one issue: why all alien races look human.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

Oh hey a GBS thread that I can post how much I dislike Dax in. Nice.

Which Dax though? :smuggo:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

Jadzia. Every other host is way cooler than her, and we never really get to meet them :(

I just watched it all this past several months. And I lol’d at the finale montage showing past moments with their characters since they omit all of Jadzia and Worfs moments. It’s like she never existed.

I thought she was kind of lame too.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

I’ve completed TNG and TOS. I’m now in the last few episodes of S3 of DS9. I’m powering through at an alarming rate. Should I watch through the TOS films or move to Voyager next?

I’m finally watching voyager. On second season. It’s alright imo. I moved to a new apartment and am too cheap to get channels so am watching a lot of crap on Netflix/prime, etc. it’s new to me damnit!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I too would have the secks with ezri FYI

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

:eyepop:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Poor nog. He starred in what is easily my favorite ds9 episode.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Supreme Allah posted:

Poor Nog doesn't rank enough for his own gbs death thread?

Let's list the Ac-Tors that would definitely get a separate death thread

Patrick Stewart (NOooo)
Brent Spiner
William Shatner (is he still alive?)

The spock guy, if he's still alive too.

Jonathan Frakes??

John De Lancie, if he didn't get one I'd make a thread for sure.

Be the change you want to see. :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

TheSpamalope posted:

Data had sex with tahsa yar which is more times then la forge ever scored lol

Harsh but possibly fair. Depending on whether one counts holodeck encounters. Even Wesley owned Laforge and called out his inceldom at one point. :lol: