Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
In case anyone wasnt aware, Netflix got the HD version of TNG about a year or so ago. They just straight went and replaced all the old lovely looking episodes with the sexy looking ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

What like some kind of... Reed Alert?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Troi got a promotion in that episode where we discover the road to promotion is murdering geordi.

Edit: Obriens rank kept fluctuating for a few seasons.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Voyager had about 1 season worth of a good show spread out over 7.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

My favorite Keiko moment is giving the kid raised by Bajorans who hated everything Cardassian Cardassian food because the kid was Cardassian by blood. This is immediately after chastising Obrien for his Space Racism

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In the grand scheme of things, planets are TINY for a space ship. Like, in a way it takes shitloads of skill to take a spaceship and slam it into a planet.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

As long as football, basketball and wrasslin' are still around, it's all good.

Also somehow Worf accidentally killed a kid playing soccer. How do you even do that? Football I can understand, but soccer? Usually in soccer, people just get killed outside of the game. And it's done on purpose.

Maybe in the future American Football is called soccer and soccer is football?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I drove an automatic once. It was terrifying.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

North Star had a real bitchin gunfight, too.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It's funny how the lights would shut off during red alert. If anything it should be opposite, keep em dim for power conservation, turn em up when poo poo goes down.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Tectonis posted:

Harry "I'm Locked Out" Kim, whipping boy of both the Alpha and Delta quadrants

Perhaps because he's not at he helm? Either Harry's a retard of janeways a retard.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Im pretty sure I watched an episode of Enterprise where Shran's wife gets shot in the arm with a phaser. She goes to the doctor and she seems to be recovering pretty okay. Then later in the episode the doctor comes out and goes "gosh id like to help her but the phaser was set to Kill!"

She then dies.

Did the writers really think that a phaser being set to kill should literally mean "will kill someone if it touches them no matter what" rather than "just blasts through poo poo, as opposed to Stun which just kinda shocks your system"

Like, does the phaser beam contain disease that will finish the job if you didnt manage to get a kill shot?

What about the dude in DS9 that shot himself in the foot. He didnt die.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Sten Freak posted:

I think I read in a ST thread here to watch the first 2 episodes of DS9 then move to the 2nd season. Might just go that route or I'll let her read your post and decipher what to do. We have a toddler so adult TV time is basically precious, maybe an hour a night tops.

Don't do that, you'll miss Duet, one of the best eps of the series

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

What I'm wondering is if Martok was always intended to be a changeling or if that was something decided later. I mean they had changling Martok cut his hand open, but was that just intended to show that the tests don't work?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I think a post-ds9 movie about the Romulans discovering sisko and garaks murder plot might be entertaining.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Can't do com with that badge

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Wasn't Worf raised in Moscow?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So does every race have to prove their worthiness to the continuum or else they're wiped out? Did the Pakleds impress a retarded q?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Don't forget that a significant portion of the crew is made up of the terrorists Janeway was sent to capture.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

They should replace Chekhov in the next movie with that alien that replaced him in The cartoon.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Doesn't he also go bonkers cuz "bitches am I rite?"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Janeway being a science officer is just one of many things voyager did that could've been cool but was just immediately forgotten after the pilot.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D2SHNqkjbY

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In Valiant why did engineer girl wear one of those petty officer thingies? Isn't she in the academy, like aren't all of them? When the captain was handing out field promotions he really found the one they made for enlisted people and had her wear that one? Why her?

Why?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It's weird that the surgery didn't just "go wrong" though

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

Wait how many episodes was Bashir a replicant? I thought it was just that one episode.

When they find the real one he's wearing the previous uniform style, so for a bit.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Troi had a good episode, that one with the romulans.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Voyager's biggest crime wasnt that it was terrible, honestly there was faaaarrrr worse on tv back then, but that it had a super awesome concept and then proceeded to completely waste it right out of the gate.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

revolther posted:

Did they ever do an episode where the doctor diagnoses Janeway as unfit for duty and commandeers the ship? I feel like Crusher made a big deal about being the only person on board allowed to override Picard once or twice.

In year of hell the doctor declares janeway unfit for command and orders her to step down and she just goes "lol you can bring me up on charges in 70 years or so"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Also "most respected captain"

Didn't she become captain like 3 seconds before the pilot?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Trast posted:

Have they said if STD is going over to HULU since CBS just signed a huge deal to broadcast their content on there?

No, cuz then it might do well and that would ruin their "nobody wants Star Trek" speech they got lined up.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://youtu.be/aI7bv7jw8ew

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I like how in trek clones have less rights than robots and it's basically legal to kill them at any time.

Maybe Federation law says it's okay to murder clones, but it's illegal in Bajoran space or something?

"Killing your own clone is still murder!"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Enterprise season 4 was getting good. Romulans puppet mastering some war or something, so a bunch of races set aside their differences and band together to repel this threat. It's clearly the beginnings of the federation and of the romulan war. Could've would up great and then suddenly canceled

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

She had that good romulan episode I guess

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I really like that part in crusher's "everyone is vanishing" episode where we stop hearing the computer read picards vitals before realizing Picards not there anymore. Effective use of sound there

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

They probably would do Voyager first if at all because it had more "broad appeal" and then act surprised when nobody loving buys it, leaving DS9 to gather dust anyway

But I thought they knew broads didnt like Star Track?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I like how they totally forget to hide Tuvok at the end of the episode. He's standing RIGHT THERE

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Imagine the doc projecting copies of himself. The same processor having to now handle two AIs. Then three. Then four etc.

A swarm retards with sharp instruments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Woah datas day was really keikos first appearance? Did obrien loving mail-order her or something?