Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Luvcow posted:

how come people didn't like the scott bacula one?

There was only like one scene of Hoshi and T'Pol massaging salves and unguents into each other's supple underwear-clad and blacklit bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Whatever dude, you're not banging their hands

Hand quality is of paramount concern for goons because the "pity handy" is the closest to consensual intercourse most will get.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

criscodisco posted:

I like how every third planet they stopped at had a way to cut years off their journey, but was always like "nah, if we helped you we'd have to help everyone else too" and Voyager just went on its way. It's pretty easy to incinerate a planet's atmosphere from space, I'd just watch those planets burn at my hands. Once word starts to spread, planets would be bending over backwards to help us. gently caress them. It's not like we're coming back, who cares how many bridges we burn.

This is a good plan, but there's should have also been an episode where someone references burning bridges and one of the crew says "Bridges? You don't need bridges in SPACE."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

So today I went to the Star Trek: Starfleet Academy experience in Ottawa, and I saw at least three potential pedophiles and a bunch of receding jawlines.

What subforums do they mod?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That jacket's hood is seriously freaking me out.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

criscodisco posted:

Not really. Everyone either hung out in the dining hall or the old timey Irish town.

On TNG, while Ten-Forward was always supposed to be there, the original designs had lots of smaller social areas around the saucer section. I believe the idea was small lounges and coffee house type places, things like that.

I believe it was cut for budgetary reasons, but I can't quite remember.

Also, on Enterprise, you get a quick glimpse of a LCARS display of an enterprise from the 27th century or something. People love to make fun of it, because it's so bizarrely proportioned, but according to the designer, it was out of perspective because it was supposed to be a generational ship with shopping centers, several universities, and suburb areas, so it's supposed to be massive. I like that idea the best.

Enterprise-J?

I don't know how I feel being able to recall which one because I've only seen that episode like once.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ol Smiley is in Star Gate Atlantis. Just started watching that. He seems good as a Stalinist guy

He also works good as the dude building the transcontinental railroad in Hell On Wheels.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dr. Crusher was a grade A MILF

But Troi owned that cameltoe.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ay chihuahua :swoon:

*tugs collar to release steam, thumps foot repeatedly on ground and howls*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Didn't Jake also have that one like succubus lady?

Only she didn't feed off sex but his creative energies when he was writing or something?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like how there were like several episodes where Hoshi's primary concern is the wellbeing of one of Phlox's slugs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Earth is a utopia populated by well adjusted people. The outliers have a propensity for reckless decisions and danger. Starfleet wasn't just created for protection and exploration but to get the malcontents off the loving planet.

Wasn't Paris at a penal resort in like New Zealand, though?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Total star fish.

So... she's into prolapsing, then?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Well give them replicator tech that can only make organs.

Then leave before they find out the replicators are hard-coded to only make the musical kind of organs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Syfy had First Contact on this morning and even though I'm a loving zombie at 7AM, I still noticed for the first time that the dude at the helm of the Defiant when Worf is all ramming speed is Adam Scott. That's my star trek through Star Trek for today.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Miles tells Keiko about the duplicate O'Brien and she's all "Yeah, he was much better in bed, so I knew something was up and that you'd eventually spoil it."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

As I recall, she actually specifically avoided physical intimacy with clone-Miles.

(Please, tell me there's at least one other poster in this thread who thinks "LOL KEIKO IS SUCH A RAGING BITCH, AM I RITE??" is completely played out.)

My intention was to cast Keiko not as a shrill harpy but as a long-suffering Al Bundy who knows that any good thing that happens is the result of the universe forgetting her for a moment and as soon as it remembers she exists will quickly take away whatever good thing happened.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I wish Keiko was my teacher

Same

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only things O'Brien Rambos are tubs of ice cream

Like you haven't been thrown out of an ice cream parlor scream "Nothing is over!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Jerry got a role too

Good to know his role in Star Trek is likely identical to his role on Parks & Rec.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Miles action figure complete with cello

Great, now I want a Chief O'Brien knock-off pog.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I tried to go back and finish up the episodes of Voyager I hadn't seen yet on Netflix, but it turns out it's the one Trek series I've removed from my queue and Netflix doesn't keep track of what you watched once you remove it and gently caress if i'm gonna watch all that poo poo again.

So now I'm watching DS9 again.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like the slight double-check wobble after he smashes it.

"Is it well and truly hosed? Yup, sure looks it!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Watching the DS9 episode where people start having their imaginations manifest and Quark gets some babes, Sisko gets a baseball player he was a fan of, Bashir gets Slutty Jadzia, and O'Brien gets fuckin' Rumpelstiltskin.

Also baseball has been an extinct sport for 200 years because no one gave a poo poo about it so maybe the future isn't all bad.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moved on to the next episode - it's a Troi's mom one. She's already ripped off Quark's ears and is ready to jump Odo's bones. Er, Odo's bucket, I guess.

I'm glad I'm re-watching these instead of doing something productive.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like that Picard's phaser is set to 'Laser Pointer' and Riker's is set to 'Ark of the Covenant'.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

criscodisco posted:

No but the Enterprise-D did have dolphin officers, although we never got to see them.

Someone do a mash-up of TNG and SeaQuest DSV

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't get it, I thought Data wore clothes just like everyone else, but how is his uniform painted on his chest?

That was when he was dreaming of positronic sheep.

Later on he has one where he's a cake, I think.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

50 pages, well done everyone! Remember, page 100 is the party page!

Pizza or ice cream?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Darwin was cool.
Seaquest > Voyager.

But then again so is a Zika nativity play.

Wait, what season of SeaQuest?

DSV, Genetically Engineered Retard Janitor and Alien Abduction, or Underwater X-Wings and Michael Ironsides?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The computer let Darwin the dolphin talk

Also a smokin' hot chick who had VR controls for a robo-kitty submarine.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I routinely binge the first season, but can never get through the others because holy god did that go down the tubes fast.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There was also an episode with Seth Green where Lucas got a condom because he wanted to bang this chick at a hacker camp that's run by Tuvok.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

criscodisco posted:

I did hate Archer from the beginning, though.

Hard to like anyone that into water polo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Riker takes a vacation: Seventy new paternity suits

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Didn't Cardassian architecture have 10 inch hurdles on every floor way ever?
In the first few episodes of DS9 you saw them constantly stepping over then, and Melora complaining about it.

DS9's architecture is basically modern naval architecture with kneeknockers.

Of course modern ships have them because that's where the watertight hatches are to close in case of emergencies - maybe Cardies don't put the force field generators flush with that floor for a similar reason?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i'm the bust with downsy bug-eyes

I'm the doll in the front that is very obviously a Picard voodoo doll made by the kid's parents but was stolen by the kid and hastily submitted because they forgot it was Captain Picard Day.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm watching the DS9 episodes where Sisko, Dax and Bashir get beamed back to the 21st century for the riots or whatever.

I remember thinking the first time I saw this "LOL, there's no way any of this would happen by 2024, things are going so great!"

Now I'm like "Unemployment ghettos and labor riots is a really optimistic portrayal of the US in eight years."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tim Russ pops up as a Vulcan in the second mirror universe episode of DS9, so I went to see if they actually intended for that to be Tuvok and...

quote:

Tuvok was played by actor Tim Russ. Russ also played the mirror universe Tuvok in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Through the Looking Glass", as well as several other roles in Star Trek. Russ recalled, "Most of my friends told me I didn't have to stretch very much because I'm like that character in real life." Garrett Wang remembered that when he first met Russ, he joked that Tuvok was one letter away from resembling the name Tupac, to which he responded, "Rap music is the reason for the fall of Western civilization."

I'm not sure what's funnier... Tim Russ being an emotionless sperg or Garrett Wang trying to connect with him over rap.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It was pretty nice of Janeway to let Tuvok use the waiting room of Voyager's dentist office to film his music video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

It was Romulan spies. Seriously.

Wait, really? I just figured the Vulcans were all "ok, sure, you built a salryman drive, but you're not hot poo poo in a champagne glass,and we ain't just gonna gift you stuff - you have to work."

Then again, I don't remember much about Enterprise beyond Porthos not being allowed cheese but still getting it all the time, and Hoshi and T'Pol rubbing each other under blacklight...

Apparently, even my phone knows this because I just typed "Hoshi and T'Pol" and the word selection automatically suggested my next word be "massaging".